1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Rare chance to own a BRAND NEW Maxim!!

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by jribbens78, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jribbens78

jribbens78 New Member

Check out the ad on eBay. Pretty interesting. I never thought there would be a chance to buy a new XJ again.

eBay

2. Hired_Goon

Hired_Goon Member

Very Nice, but if it has really sat on a dealers floor for 20+ years then a better description and photo's would be worth it.

Can't see anybody bidding 5 grand on something they can't see too well.

3. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

5-Grand to open a No Reserve auction was probably a cheesy way to drum-up interest in the bike for a trade or something.

I'd have "Limped-in" with a low-ball shot if the opening price was somewhere close to what I have stuffed-away for emergencies like this.

I bet he sells it to some guy who's loaded enough to blow 5-gees on a new toy without blinkin'-a-eye. Maybe there's a couple-uh whales who can duke-it-out and up the winning bit close to 55-hundred.

That there is NO warranty of any kind scares me; though.

4. Hired_Goon

Hired_Goon Member

I agree Rick, No warranty is a worry, but remember, it is a 20+year old bike with bugger all dealer support any more.

The seller looks to be a wrecker who may have picked it up cheap from some dealers store room.

As for a starting figure, Yes, Too high. Regardless of inflation etc, these things were only around 3 grand new.

5. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

I think I've seen this one advertised before, late in the summer when I was looking for a bike.

I wonder how much corrosion up top in the engine from sitting?

It's right here in my town. If he was below 3K I'd go have a peek at it.

If anyone wants me to look for them just give a shout.

6. Robert

Robert Active Member

I'm laughing because it is very clearly stated in the manufacturer's pre-sale prep that the dealer must run fuel throught newly recieved bikes to clean out the tank. Wonder if this guy is for real (or really stoned, not sure). Sure would be a sweet deal if it was real and reasonably priced. Can't say I agree with the seller's assesment but who can argue that it isn't rare. Don't see them too often.

7. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

If it truely is a Brand New Bike. Never had fuel in it and all that ... what could possibly be better than doing a set-up and pre-delivery tuning on the thing ... and having a Zero-Miles bike to be your own.

From what we've learned in 20-Odd years that passed-by ... I guess we should Pop the Idiot-finger's plugs out and re-set the Pilot's to about ... Oh, somewhere like, splitting-the-difference between 3 and 3-1/4 Turns OUT!

Get that baby a plate ... and

"Ride it like a farmboy off to town to go see the Circus on the family's mule!"

8. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

He's also listing a still in crate 83 XS 650 eBay