1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Ride July 15th in Connecticut

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by burtmonro, Jul 1, 2007.

1. burtmonro

burtmonro New Member

8) There will be a gathering and ride on Sunday, July 15th in eastern Connecticut for all Yamaha XS750, XS850, XS1100, XJ, Seca, riders, and whomever else would like to join in. We'll be meeting up at Harry's Place (most famous hamburger stand in Eastern CT, eating lunch, then heading out for a ride. Harry's is on route 85 in Colchester, CT.
    I will post more details as I have them. e-mail me with questions. Hope to see you there!

2. burtmonro

burtmonro New Member

Okay, here's the plan. We'll meet at Harry's Place for lunch in Colchester at 12 noon. Look for me. I will be riding a 1982 Yamaha XJ1100. We'll eat lunch. Then head west on rt. 16 towards Portland, then turn south. We'll stop at Gillette's Castle State Park. When I was there last year, the motorcycle parking area was almost full, so it's a popular destination. Admission to the park is free. If you wish to tour the castle their is a $5.00 charge. Then, we'll head back east and finish the ride at Salem Valley Farms Ice Cream stand. People travel from all over the state to get their ice cream. It's that good. Let's hope for some good weather and I'll see you at Harry's.