1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Seca 750 conversion

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by sherman204, Nov 18, 2008.

1. sherman204

sherman204 New Member

I have a 81 750 seca that I toying with the idea of grafting the body work from a newer R1 or R6 whatever I can find cheap. I have welding experience and also body work as well as painting. Has anybody tried this? Bob

2. organizedinsanity

organizedinsanity Member

Good luck but you will have serious problems as the styles of the frames on the two bikes are very different. Be sure to post pics

3. southpaw

southpaw Member

Theres a guy on the forum that did something similar cant remeber his name but the title of the thread was XJ crotch rocket

4. yamaha4life

yamaha4life Member

think the big thing will be finding plastics from a rocket cheap and i mean cheap as in not throwing away money if it doesnt work but the real problem will be finding something that will flow with the bike best bet would be a 98 up yzf600r or maybe an older year than that the rear section was close to the seca lines

oh just thought of something look for race plastics could pick them up cheaper if you shop around enough

5. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

YES! not my style, but this guy did some great work and it was looking good the last time i saw the thread. i dont know as it was ever finished though.....?

6. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

YES! not my style, but this guy did some great work and it was looking good the last time i saw the thread. i dont know as it was ever finished though.....?

7. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Member