1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Seca 750 lighting

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by SteelMan, Dec 14, 2014.

1. SteelMan

SteelMan Member

Hey all.

Recently I have been contemplating taking the fairing off of my 1983 Yamaha seca 750 and throwing together some aftermarket lighting for a more naked look. I have been desiring more on my stock lighting as I am doing a lot of night riding on my commute home from work. Was curious what everyone has done for their Yamaha lighting needs. What do you guys think about halogen VS LED vs HID

Currently I am researching LED headlights, I would love to have a decent lamp that used little power but I am having trouble finding anything that I could affix to my bike that isn't some cheap ebay light.

2. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

3. Stormin

Stormin Member

Wow. And only $250 from amazon.

4. zap2504

zap2504 Member

When you say "taking the fairing off", which fairing? If the optional TourPack fairing, then the OEM headlight mounts (connected to the same mounting for the gauges/master cylinder) are bent back against the triple tree and probably not reusable. If a Sport fairing, then no changes were made to the OEM mounts. If a Vetter, then all the OEM stuff may be OK to reuse with a large aftermarket headlight that fits that large mount - like maybe the twin "dominator" headlights often seen on ebay (but not LED). SO FYI - if you want a traditional 7" round headlight (Halogen or LED) you are probably also looking at fork mounts (and cutting off the OEM headlight mount "ears". Unless you are also changing out the MC and gauges...

5. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member