1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

[Seca II] Electrical Gremlins

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by BSisko, Oct 25, 2010.

1. BSisko

BSisko New Member

Hey All,

I've got a bit of a electrical gremlin issue that crops up intermittently. It happens typically while riding.

= Issue
    * Engine power cuts greatly
    * Headlight power fades
    * Bike dies at idle after this happens (clutch pulled, lower RPM, etc) it feels like the bike is fighting to stay alive.

After this happens the battery will be seriously drained and I'll be lucky to get it to start up again without a jump.

Any thoughts on where to begin diagnosing this issue? (I'm a complete electrical newb so baby steps) Would it be worthwhile to swap in a replacement wiring harness, or could this be an alternator issue?

2. wizard

wizard Active Member

First check all the fuses, but it does sound like the generator, if you can't do it yourself, get someone to check it for you.

3. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

when you check the fuses make sure their all the right size
    take the tank off and look closely at the wires under there and where they come around the steering neck some thing might be pinched or rubbed through, move the bars full left and right while your looking

4. BSisko

BSisko New Member

How does one check if their generator / alternator / rectifier are good or bad?