1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Seca, XJ750A and XJ750RJ meter panel differences

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by zoowiemama, Jul 7, 2010.

1. zoowiemama

zoowiemama New Member

Dear friends,

I'm from Malaysia. Just recently bought a Seca XJ750A, which is running fine except for its broken LCD display.
    Now I am looking for replacement which most likely a used one.

I went for searching through the internet and found that most used meter panels are slightly different from mine (based on what i can visually identify from the photos).

The differences are:
    1. Mine has KM/H as the main speed display, as compared to MPH (probably depends on the market region).
    2. Mine has a speed warning light at the bottom left of the meter panel, with Japanese characters written beneath it. The light turns on whenever my speed goes above ~85km/h.

I'd like to get the used one (probably the US market meter panel) but my concern is whether it is compatible with mine or not (the cable connection, bracket/mounting, etc.).

Appreciate your help with this. Thank you.

2. Swissjon

Swissjon Member

Hey Zoowiemama

All US instrument panels will be in MPH, so will Canada and UK. But there's plenty of places where you get KPH.. I'm looking to upgrade my instruments at some point for example, but it's from an XJ900.

Post a photo of your panel, that way the non-XJ experts like me can see whether our parts are likely to fit.

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

I was browsing thought the FAQ section and came across this. For future reference, Candian instrument clusters will be in KPH. The gauge cluster for the XV920 might be able to be adapted to the XJ, and it can be switched between MPH nad KPH on the fly.