1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Shaved Emblems?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by DewTheDrew, Sep 11, 2009.

1. DewTheDrew

DewTheDrew New Member

I'm looking for a detailed "how to" article on using bondo to achieve shaved emblems. Please help me out.

Also, if anyone is interested, I worked up a pretty cool .psd file (that's photoshop document) in which I can manipulate the tank, side, and fender colors, if you have photoshop and wish to tool around with it, I'll email it to you.

2. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

I don't have a detailed write up but i did do just that on my 650 tank. I used the fiber bondo for the major filling then covered with the regular and sanded smooth. Turned out great. I've got pics around somewhere if you want them.

3. mikegustus

mikegustus Member

How do you get the little metal clips off the sides of the tank that the yamaha emblem screws to? I don't want to screw up my tank...

4. iwingameover

I didn't. I left them on there and packed the fiber bondo in behind them.

5. blame_the_po

blame_the_po Member

If you try to remove the metal clips DO NOT make holes in the tank. PO of my bike did that then filled with bondo. Bondo soaked up the gas like a sponge and bubbled everything up. sucks.

6. iwingameover

That's exactly why I left mine on and packed fiber bondo behind and then covered with the regular bondo.