1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

So i changed out the stock airbox

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Skot, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Skot

Skot New Member

and put K&N pods on. Runs like a dream.

My next "mod" is to build myself a glovebox. I figure there is a good space where the stock airbox use to be, i may as well make use of it. That way i can keep a quart of oil and a few small things in there.

After that, I'm going to mess with the brake system. Maybe find a handlebar mount master and get rid of the pain in the butt one between the forks. I hate not being able to see the fluid level & darn that stock reserve is small.

2. Pacocase

Pacocase Member

I used a Lock&Lock airtight storage box when I took out my airbox. It fits perfectly into the old hole and I keep tools, registration, fuses, etc. in it. I used velcro to stick my fuse box to it so it comes in and out real easy. Got it at WalMart. Here's a link to the one I used:

http://www.heritagemint.com/jump.jsp?it ... ductID=253

3. blackdiscoball

blackdiscoball Member

If you change over to a handlebar master I would be interested in buying your old system.

4. myselfnjit

myselfnjit Member

SKOT,

did you have to mess with your carbs after changing to the pods?

Do you currently have a stock exhaust?

I have thought about going to pods but didnt know if I would be lining myself up for a lot of work.

THanks
    Steve