1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

South East Michigan Carb Clinic....2009

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by caniculaveritas, Mar 5, 2009.

1. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

Alright, here it goes.

I have a garage, I am currently rebuilding my own carbs from the bottom up(valve job and gaskets and exhaust work to boot). I have a 2 car garage with a drive through bay that can get plenty of air flow to do tuning. I have two large work tables that can be used and all the basic tools and then some. I Will have a large compressor and some house fans on hand.

I am located in Ypsilanti, within 5 minutes of both U.S. 23 and I 94. I would venture to say that I can fit 4 bikes in the garage with plenty of working room. Very wide driveway and room in the back of the house(garage opens front and back) so up to 8 bikes can probably be worked on at time space wise. Tool wise, probably have enough to work on 3 bikes at a time depending on whats being done. Now with that being said, the limiting factor would be the number of colortunes/manometers/and YICS tools.

I would like to have this either the first or second saturday in April if there is enough interest.

Almost Finally, I will be making a homemade manometer for synching per a post here. So it would be pointless to have it if we can't as a group come up with the following:

1. Colortune
    2. YICS Tool
    3. More than one carb tune

I'd be willing to build a couple manometers and YICS tools at one time if people are interested since I'll have to build my own anyways.

And finally, at least ONE person experienced in tuning/syncing would be needed. Otherwise I'm happy to have 8 newbies bumbling around with me, but I promise it will take ALOT longer. And if there is an expert out there I'm MORE THAN HAPPY to part with some beer/pizza for their time if necessary.

-CaniculaVeritas

2. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

I can devote the whole Saturday and even the next day in an emergency/tons of fun breaks out to this event if need be also.

3. LAN_MAN

LAN_MAN New Member

I am interested.
    I have the time but not many tools and very little skills.

1st Bike
    2nd season of riding

4. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

Hey LAN MAN, this is also my first bike and second season of riding!

I'm a pretty quick study and have been drooling over doing this for to past year. My mechanical skills are good, been wrenching on cars since i could drive them (many motorswaps) but this is my first adventure into carbs. I like to say I've got the theory down pat but need the lab experience.

5. schooter

schooter Active Member

hmm, my carbs are fine, wouldn't hurt to check them, but i wouldn't mind at all coming down, but the only thing is that my parents wont let me... sigh...probably wont let me, and thats a pretty far drive, i think/

6. NursePadawan

NursePadawan Member

Thanks, caniculaveritas.

I'm in the same situation as Schooter (minus the parental units part), the bike's running well, so it's not in dire need of tuning.

I know next to zilch about carbs though. If nothing else, I'd love an opportunity to watch and learn.

7. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

Yeah Schooter its about a 3 hour drive from elkton... and not a very scenic/fun on at that. Nurse, if we get enough interest you should come down just for that reason.

8. BlackD

BlackD New Member

I would try to make it. My bike is running good so I would most likely lend a hand to whoever needs it. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with these carbs. I'm more than willing to bring extra tools to help speed things up.

9. Tman_74

Tman_74 Member

I am in the Cleve Ohio area, 2.5 hrs, I am interested!! Keep in touch!!!!

10. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

I can probably make April 4. Have colortune, YICS tool and a sync gauge.

No XJ, but if you guys do it then I'll try to come for awhile.

11. satyr

satyr Member

Hey y'all, I'm over here in Indiana (3.5 hrs away from you) and need to get the carbs straightened out- she won't run without choke, and at that it's not steady...

I'd be interested in joining you on the 4th maybe if someone can help me get it running right. The following weekend is no good (wife's bday).

I'll try and keep checking back. -J

12. Altus

Altus Active Member

It's about 3 hours for me too with the border crossing, so I can see if I can get there as well -- I can bring my colourtune and Morgan Carbtune with me as well.

Might be my last time crossing the border, once the passport requirement goes into place June 1....

13. fwright625

fwright625 Member

Anybody know how far is Chicago from the local... I really need to check out how to do carbs.

14. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

Ok for you long haulers, the map to ypsilanti is here FYIGoogle Map

15. StahlMaster

StahlMaster Active Member

I'm interested. I've got the colortune, motionpro, aux. fuel tank, and a great brush to clean the YICS passage.

When is it?

D

16. Peli

Peli New Member

Heck yea I'm interested and willing to take advantage of any expertise offered me WRT bike maintenance.

Of course, the last ride of the season in November ended with gas pouring out of the carbs, so some carb maintenance may be a first priority for me...

Other than that I'd love to help out/hang out/ whatever and the Ohio- Mich drive is always a nice one.

I can say I'd be about 90% depending of course on the exact date.

17. satyr

satyr Member

Hmm- gas pouring out of carbs? Sounds familiar.

Also- for Chicago distance- I'm in Indiana now, and it shows 2.5 hours for me. So from the north side of Chicago, I'd figure 3.5 to 4 hours. (Depending on what Lakeshore and 94 are like!) -John

18. satyr

satyr Member

Doh- sorry its 3.5 hours for me- and 4.5 to 5 hours from Chicago... Read the mapquest thing wrong.

19. caniculaveritas

caniculaveritas Member

April 4th is the official date now. Please start RSVPing on this thread so we can get an official list going. My bike "should" be ready for it that weekend. If not we need a few people who actually need it and a few who are actually experienced. So when you RSVP please post what your bringing, what you need to do, and your experience.

20. NursePadawan

NursePadawan Member

I can definitely be there.