1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Sportster Seat on an xj650

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Tcorbitt0608, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Tcorbitt0608

Tcorbitt0608 Member

Has anyone here used a sportster seat on their xj650?

2. Bigshankhank

Bigshankhank Active Member

"Sportster seat" encompasses a long list of possible variants, considering the length of production of the Sportster line since 1956, and several significant chassis changes in that time plus an almost exhausting array of aftermarket seats. That being said, I have my original factory dual saddle from my '93 883 and an XJ700, if I think about it tonight I'll see if its like putting chocolate and peanut butter together.

3. Tcorbitt0608

Tcorbitt0608 Member

If I'm not mistaken that was about the year the seat came off of. It was a 90s model I know

4. DaveT174

DaveT174 Member

[​IMG]

If I remember right the seat on mine came off a 2004 sportster. It required quite a bit of cutting and reshaping of the sporty seat and some modifications to the bike for it to fit.

5. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

A guy down the road from me has a 650 for sale ( ridiculous price for a NOT as good as he thinks bike) and it has a skinny sportster seat on it...... I think it looks goofy.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  6. Tcorbitt0608

Tcorbitt0608 Member

yeah i'm not sure what year the seat is off of but it's free and it has no tears. As soon as he finds it i'll post some pics. pretty sure some time with a heat gun would make it fit over the rails then a bolt through the rear fender.

7. RaCCoonRoCkStar

RaCCoonRoCkStar New Member

- Any updates or specifics on the seat?
    I REALLY want to change mine. I like how that bike looks above with what I guess is the HD seat. Any install instructions? I want to change the seat but still have room for 2...

8. savagexj3006

savagexj3006 New Member

I purchased a seat off fleabay it was listed as a sportster seat but i can not tell u which model but the year was said to be 2003. I like the way it looks i am really a long way off from getting it all the way in but I laid it on the bike and took a pic. I need to do some fitting but i think it will look good in the end. IMG_20141025_231301_755.jpg