1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

steering stem bearings and fork swap

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by xyxj650, Mar 28, 2010.

1. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

I got a complete front end from a 750 for 70 bones a few weeks ago to put on my 650. I first heard about it and thought that was a modification I would like to do to my 650. The part that bothered me was the fact I heard how difficult it was to install the tapered roller bearings for the steering. So after putting it off for a week I jumped in headfirst. Here is the progress I made in the first hour.
    [​IMG]
    I put the steering bearings in the freezer for that time then brought them out to install. I greased everthing up and installed them. I always heard how hard they were to do but was supprised how easy it went. After about another 3-4 hours and a few beers this is what I had.
    [​IMG]
    I thought it was going to be more difficult than it was so for any of you that are looking to do some of the same things don't let it worry you. If I can do it most anyone can. Just thought I would share my thoughts.