1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Sweet XJ1100 For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Tomh, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Tomh

Tomh New Member

I have owned about 8 Maxims of different sizes and loved them all but this XJ1100 is by far my favorite but I'm 2 years outa work and this is my last toy to go. Makes me sad but bills have to be paid.
    It is all original. One little chip in the paint where the gas cap key hit it. One small dented place in left muffler right at the passenger footpeg (not really that noticable) The PO drilled the end of the pipes which makes it a little louder but still sounds good. Never been dropped.Bike has been adult owned & garage kept since new. (2 owner) Back tire is 40% Front is 90%. Original seat cover is perfect. Still has original chain lock and tool kit Head pipes are a little discolored but hey, its a 30 yr old bike with 21k miles.
    I don't HAVE to sell it but I NEED the money so don't waste time with lowball offers, It ain't happenin! As good of condition as it is and as hard as these are getting to find, I think my price of $2000 is very reasonable. This bike is ready to ride right now. (just got back from a mountain trip) If your serious, contact me and we'll talk.

Thanks for looking!

Tom
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10425585@N07/8139562169
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10425585@N07/8139559151
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10425585@N07/8139560357

2. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Got any pics?

3. JS867

JS867 New Member Premium Member

First question is do you still have it. You say it runs great? when was the last time the carbs were cleaned and synced?

Pretty interested. I live just south of charlllot so meeting up should not be an issue.

What tire sizes dose it take? How is the shaft and does it require and service.

Thanks, Jay

4. ecologito

ecologito Well-Known Member

Cool bike, I live in Charlotte too and you are the first time I hear about another XJ owner in this forum. I will PM you about local places to frequent for parts, etc.

Best wishes.

5. JS867

JS867 New Member Premium Member

Thanks. I am a bit leery of getting something this old but its a bike I have always wanted. First thing is I would want to put a Vance & Hines or Yoshi on it. I looked for a while today and couldn't find either. Made me a little worried.
    I am pretty good mechanically so I'm not worried about the work, just parts.

Jay