1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

switch and choke relocation

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Jimmyknux, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Jimmyknux

Jimmyknux New Member

I am in the middle of moving all the switches off the handle bars and im not too sure where I would like to mount them or how I would like to do it . Also im looking to relocate my choke with a push pull style choke just dont know where to put it . Im going for bare handle bars and as much stuff hidden as possible any pics are greatly appreciated thanks for the help !

2. sam_g

sam_g Member

Not sue which model you are running, but on my XJ700, the choke cable was broken, so I ended up fitting a stainless T handle onto the end of the choke shaft... easy to pull out, and I can use my knee to push it in, or simply reach down to adjust... the handle was picked up from a local DIY store and epoxied into place.

3. Jimmyknux

Jimmyknux New Member

ah sorry I got an xv 750

4. stevestrom

stevestrom Member

I've just used an aluminum drawer knob from Home Depot. Push it in for the enrichment circut, let it out after the bike is warm. I think it looks cool too! Sorry this is the best pic I have at the moment. For some reason all the pics I take are from the other side of the bike?

[​IMG]

chris beavers likes this.
  5. Jimmyknux

Jimmyknux New Member

nice I like that its clean