1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

the devil's in my drum

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by goattank, Aug 18, 2008.

1. goattank

goattank New Member

As I slow to a stop after just getting off the highway, I hear a weird little metal ting. I figured it was my half-assed exhaust system banking the frame. I proceed to make my way down the road about to shift into third (40 or so mph) when satan apparently feels the urge to dislodge something in my drum causing my rear end to lock up tighter than a 14th century chastity belt. Next thing I know I'm in a full blown skid bouncing all over one of Ohio's acne scarred roads all the while thinking, I'm not laying this down because my laptop (which happened to be in my bag) cost more than this f***ing thing. Luckily, I was spared roard rash and there weren't any cars jockeying me for position or I would have been as mangled as the racoon I ironically stopped next to. In closing, I really need to go over my brakes and not wait till they decided to put me in peril 300 miles or so later. Chacal, you'll be hearing from me shortly once I get time to pop drum off.

2. bill

bill Active Member

Ouch glad you're OK.

My old Honda seized the engine running about 50 - luckily the clutch worked - I pulled it and coasted to a stop.

Sure does wake you up!

3. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

That Lucifer guy....ya' gotta appreciate his sense of humor sometimes....... :D

You need to spend more on the bike, that way you wouldn't have to stress about that laptop anymore!

An omen of some type, for sure. Maybe you should play the lottery tonight.....

Got 'em in stock! GLAD you're okay.

4. grimreaper169

grimreaper169 Member

Chacal you didn't say Brakes-R-Us

5. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

I'm slipping.........old age creeping in, that sorta thing. :D

6. avengingllama

avengingllama Member

Damn shame you are so far from Columbus, I have been looking for someone to ride with once I get my 750 up and running. Good to hear that you are ok =) Be safe man

7. jswag5

jswag5 Member

Glad ur ok, them high speed skids sure make you think dont they, had to panic stop in the rain earlier today for a jagoff in an suv who decided to pull out in front of me, then take an imediate left, had to check my drawers when i got home for skidmarks.

8. goattank

goattank New Member

Thanks for all the concern. I don't think it was really an issue of cost, more so an issue of me being impatient and just not going through the rear.

Avengingllama, I will be more than willing to make that trip once I get some time off work to fix my drum.

Thats the first time I have had to deal with a skid that wasn't intentional and not on smooth pavement.

Just another weird story to add to my sweet $500.00 bike (not once I'm finished with the brakes and tires).

9. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Give him time. :mrgreen:

We need to let the man go over his rear brake and figure out what he needs first. THEN we can welcome him to Brakes-R-Us.