1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

This would be nice, don't bet on it

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Polock, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

In exchange for what oxygenate? MBTE ruined groundwater in so many places, and is really difficult to clean up. I'd hate for it go go back into gasoline.
    As long as we burn gasoline to get from place to place in the volumes that we do, we're stuck with needing a way to reduce smog (and increase octane so we can retain high-power/ high-fuel efficiency engines), and that means adding an oxygenate to the fuel. Ethanol is much friendlier.

Hurry up small-scale fusion reactors.

Also hurry-up better ways of producing ethanol in temperate climates.

3. ralden96

ralden96 Member

Ethanol is a nightmare on small engines, especially those used seasonally. the increase of corn production, with farmers trying to lengthen the growing season and the yield, through the application of fertilizers around the great lakes has been suspected to be at least a contributing factor to algal blooms. i have access to non-ethanol fuel and use it exclusively in my motorcycles and lawn mowers.

4. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

They can made fuel from cranberries too, just not cost effective as corn. I would love to see cranberries fuel added to our gas and see if that is better for small engines and out environment.