1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Throttle bodies for custom EFI conversion

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by noob, Aug 29, 2014.

1. noob

noob Member

I have mounted a set of CBR 600F2 tb's on my 750 using nothing more than jubilee clips and some old rubber intake hose from a VW van. They are close enough that the hose only needs to take up a small difference in spacing. Worth a look for doing a custom EFI conversion. A better solution would be to get some new intake stubs made up and use the CBR intake rubbers, but that's too much work andn expense for me at the moment. I have started making some drawings on the stubs needed though if any body wants them.

2. eurosnap53

eurosnap53 Member

Post some pictures...curious to see! Always a bit of work to get it right but that's custom.

3. SteelMan

SteelMan Member

I am intrigued by this! How much money have you sunk into the conversion if you don't mind me asking?

4. noob

noob Member

As my images are of massive resolution, I will give a link to my facebook album. It's public and no account needed to view the album.

XJ conversion album

Cost so far is pretty cheap. TB's were cheap as the wax unit was damaged, however I don't need it. The ECU is my own design, currently in early prototype. I'm using car parts to keep cost down too. Fuel pump is a Bosch diesel pump, filter is from a Fiat Uno.

If the project is successful and there is any interest on here, I may be convinced to put together a complete kit, or at least an ECU/sensor/loom kit.