1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

throttle cable routing

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by stevieracer, May 11, 2008.

1. stevieracer

stevieracer New Member

I was wondering if anybody had the proper way to run the throttle cable.when I turn the handlebars to the right the Idle goes sky high...I tried a couple different ways but it always goes up...any help Please....it is a new cable and put it the way it was

Thanx in advance for any help!!!!!!

Stevieracer

2. Torgunde

Torgunde Member

3. wizard

wizard Active Member

clear as mud aint it, i looked at the manual, turned it 360 deg, then viewed it through a mirror, still scratching head.
    on the side view it would appear to follow the clutch cable, but looking from the front it shows it to the right of the frame. still no wiser.
    good luck.

4. Torgunde

Torgunde Member

I have mine routed through the area between the gauges and fork assembly, so its not hanging out all loose, then down the framerail (under the tank) and into the throttle clip. I used to have the same problem but I no longer have it with the cable routed in this manner. Also check to make sure that your cable has enough slack in it at the handlebar. There is a duel nut assembly there, loosen the outer one and turn the inner one whichever direction needed to allow some slack in the line (can't remember which direction right now :p )

5. stevieracer

stevieracer New Member

thanks Guys

YOU ROCK Stevieracer