1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Touch up paint

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by clients, Feb 14, 2011.

1. clients

clients New Member

Hi,

I unfortunately have a couple of light but noticable scratches on the top of my tank (XJ650 RJ Seca, Red) and wanted to touch them up to prevent it from rusting and to make it look slightly better. I don't think I will be getting a full paint job done any time soon, but was hoping to find some touch up paint I can at least cover up the scratchs with.

I looked on Chacal's listing and couldnt find any paint listed. I thought I did in the past, but I can't for the life of me find it now. Any chance anyone knows where I can get something close, and even some steps/hints on how to touch it up as nice as possible?

Thanks!

2. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Len carries paint; just send him a PM or email to info at XJ4Ever if you can't find it.

3. Mr.Etobicoke

Mr.Etobicoke Member

clients
    I have the same colour motorcycle, and I found that the Mopar touch up paint from the local dealer "PRH". It is the red used on the Grand Caravan is a perfect match! (the part # on the tube is 04889836AB)

Kenneth