1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Valve Clearance Chart

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by DianCecht, Mar 9, 2009.

1. DianCecht

DianCecht Member

I know that as much as it would be desired, not everyone will have access to a service manual of some form... And who likes math? Anyway, I wanted a digital copy of the Haynes for myself, and I figured I would share this (as it's the current "todo" on my list). If it's been posted before, my apologies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope it helps make someone's life easier.

2. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

3. DianCecht

DianCecht Member

Well, holy hell... I'm quite the underachiever... Sad part is, I have looked at that, but totally missed the fact you had the chart posted. Actually, it was right after reading your tutorial that I bought my feeler gauge set and ordered my valve cover gasket... Awesome work... Someone delete my pathetic post, haha...

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

No no no we appreciate the effort. I added the shim chart after the initial post; I'm just glad you saw it. I STRUGGLED with the Clymer book (and learned in the process) but even the factory book is lacking.

I had to do a valve adjustment on a bike I KNEW had never been touched and seized the opportunity. (The new Canon camera didn't hurt.)

What makes this site great is the "maybe this will help" attitude of the majority of our members.

5. DianCecht

DianCecht Member

Well, holy hell... I'm quite the underachiever... Sad part is, I have looked at that, but totally missed the fact you had the chart posted. Actually, it was right after reading your tutorial that I bought my feeler gauge set and ordered my valve cover gasket... Awesome work... Someone delete my pathetic post, haha...