1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Valve Cover Bolt Pressure Washer/Donut Tool

Discussion in 'XJ 3D Printing & STL Files' started by Oblivion, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

VERY simple file here to print a little cone to guide new pressure washers/'donuts' over the valve cover bolt shoulders. A little dab of silicone grease doesn't hurt. Might have to play with scaling in your slicer depending on your printer.

I used the 'fine' preset in Ultimaker Cura and the 'tool' easily lasted for all 12 bolts. Printed in PLA in about 8 minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Dan Gardner likes this.
  2. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

Very cool. Now if you could just figure out a tool to get them OFF!!!

3. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

Tell me about it! I cruised through the little ones with small bolt cutters and side-cutters, then hit the 4 big dogs. My hands were . . . not thrilled. I stepped up to the BIG bolt cutters to get them started, small bolt cutters to actually get through the metal. I did 3 cuts far enough apart for Vice-Grip jaws, used to pairs on adjacent 'tabs,' and flexed them until they broke. Then did the next. Then cut out the hard rubber with the side-cutters. Goes take some grunt, though.