1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Western Washington XJ Meet Up

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by Gamuru, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

As some of you may know, member Bill was in an accident recently. He's in recovery and other members have organized a relay to pass around a get well card. Unfortunately, it looks like the card isn't going to make it over to the West Coast. No prob, right. We can do our own and mail it in. So, here's what I'm thinking: all us Western Washington riders have been talking about putting together a meet-up but nothing's ever materialized.

Well, enough wishing; let's do this thing. After looking at the map of where all the Washington members are (and y'all in Portland), I'm thinking a central meet-up spot should be chosen. Say, somewhere around Olympia. I'm thinking perhaps either a state park or a restaurant where we can get together, take pictures, sign Bill's card, and break bread. Then perhaps a group ride. We can work out the details later.

UPDATE: We'll be meeting for lunch on Sunday, August 23rd at 1:00 P.M. The meet up spot will be at Eagan's Drive In, in Tumwater, Washington. The address for Eagan's is 6400 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, WA 98501. I spoke with them and they have indoor and outdoor seating, so we can sit outside and make some noise if we want. I'd like to give them a call a little closer to the 23rd to give them a firm head count to make sure they have proper staffing. This means you need to keep me up to date on your in/out status.

Here's a list of those that are "in" and "out":

Gamuru (Don) - In
    Gamuru's Wife (April) - In
    Carvall (Carlos) - In
    jdpesz (Jeff) - Back In!
    wamaxim (Loren) - In, on BMW (No laughing!)
    Deadulus - In, tentatively
    XJ700VET (Ken) - In
    plansea (Eric) - In, if he can leave the carbs alone :lol:
    Rick_in_WA - In
    Dodger62 - A definite maybe
    yrnomad - Out, tied up in Oregon
    kampe3355 - In

Let me know. Post up below if you're in or out.

2. Carvall

Carvall Member

That sounds awesome!! I have been wating for this finaly somebody step
    Up an planed it! It is a bummer that I am going to be in Chicago but, I hope
    This ios not going to be the last time and meet more often. Keep me posted
    On Bill's recovery and definetly post the pictures! I would love to see them!

Carlos

3. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Millersylvainia State Park is just south of Olympia. My family has held reunion picnics there many times.
    Millersylvainia State Park
    Search it on google maps.
    Long range weather forecast is a bit sketchy for that weekend. Pray for good riding weather.

Oh, and at the moment I am "In."

4. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

<BUMP>

I've updated the list. Thanks, Jeff, for the link. I'll check it out.

We'll definitely need more XJ riders so, to those that have seen this post, reach out to the other members in your area and ask them to let us know if they can make it or not.

5. Deadulus

Deadulus Member

If I had my bike back together Id be in, but I dont think Ill be ready that soon....

6. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

As you may have heard, Bill's passed on. As such, I'm not sure where we're at with the relay/get well card. His passing removes the sense of urgency to get this get-together done quickly.

I'm thinking that perhaps we should put it off a couple weeks to allow for members to get their bikes up and running. I'm thinking August 23 looks like a good date. Since we have just a couple members committed, lets change the meet up date to then.

7. XJ700VET

XJ700VET Member

You can count me in, even if my bike can't make it, I will. Bill has been a very welcoming & informative presence that I think we'll all miss dearly. It is the very least that that I can do, for someone that helped & welcomed me from the start. Gamuru, please keep me posted on any changes that might come up. For now, I'm marking my calendar off for Aug 23rd.

Till we meet
    Ken

8. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Gamuru, the 23rd works for me. What a loss.

Loren

9. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

Cool! Thanks for posting up.

10. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

I don't think I can do the 23rd, Don. I have a road trip planned for the following weekend, and I may need to conserve cash. If you will be circulating a sympathy card instead of a get well card, I could drop by the store and sign it.

11. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

Hmmm... Email sent.

12. Robert

Robert Active Member

Any chance of me nosing in on the action?? I'll post anything you all send my way and coordinate it with Jon.

13. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

Robert, I'm not sure what we'll be doing on Bill's behalf. I'm watching the other threads to see if something materializes. If not, I figured we could all get together on a sympathy card, as suggested by Jeff. It's up to Loren or other Oregon riders to get the card down to your area. If not, we could forward it on to you via snail mail. That's an option, too.

Just thinking out loud here... Perhaps you Cali boys could set up a meet up for sometime after ours and we all could have a West Coast card to send to Bill's family. Kind of starts here, then goes on to the Oregon folks, then Cali and you guys send it in from there.

14. plansea

plansea Member

August 23rd looks possible to me as long as the weather isn't too bad.
    Both my XJ's are running OK now, if I can just resist the temptation to stop playing with the carb's until after the 23rd.

I will confirm closer to the date but looks like a good chance to meet some other XJ'ers to the south.

Eric

15. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

<BUMP>

I've selected a meet up spot and a firm time. See the original post above for details.

16. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

I'm still in for the 23rd. Snail mail or a half way meet up with a SF or Sac XJ'er for Monday would probably work for getting the card closer to Robert.

Loren

17. Rick_in_WA

Rick_in_WA New Member

Mind if I pop in?....... I am in Vancouver/Portland, but would love to bring my beater turbo..........

18. Dodger62

Dodger62 Member

Ironically I will be on a ride that weekend. If I'm back from my trip I will try my damnest to hook up with my XJ brothers.

Dodger62

19. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

Thanks for posting up guys. I've updated your status.

20. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Okay Don, I've fixed things around here, and I'm BACK IN.