1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What else do you ride?

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by pianomangg, Jan 8, 2006.

1. MacMcMacmac

MacMcMacmac Member

That's my favorite naked bike, with the XJR13 a close second, and the Bandit 1250 coming up in third.

2. pjb03

pjb03 Member

It's the bike that brought me back into motorcycles after a 23 year hiatus.

I wish we had more big bore naked bikes in the states. Seems like everyone wants a Harley or some GSXCBRZX something or other.

3. rhys

rhys Member

My other two bikes are an '02 Ninja 250 and a '94 CBR 600 F2. The Ninja looks like crap without the fairings on it. The CBR, on the other hand, looks pretty good with only the uppers. I currently have possession of a buddy's '98 CBR 600 F3 with only the uppers on it. His looks better than mine, just because I like the paint more. His is red/black vs. my purple/black/yellow.

When I make zillions in the stock market, I'll get all the fairings on the CBR made custom and burn these purple ones and dance around the flames. In the meantime, they keep the rain out of the electrics... ;p

4. digitalbroccoli

digitalbroccoli Member

I ride this one on a daily basis..
    [​IMG]

06 boulevard M50, lots of little custom goodies.

The XJ is in the garage because this one was "done", and I sold it, essentially to go hunting for a seca.
    [​IMG]

1985 suzuki gs700es. Fun, but an odd bike that I never really loved.

5. willierides

willierides Member

04 HD 1200C, 01 CR250, 04 YZ250F, 04 RMZ250 (son's), 07 TTR230 (wife's) and, of course, the 81 Maxim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Alive

Alive Active Member

Well I just sold my Suzuki TU250... One (Going) bike house for now :)

7. kevineleven

kevineleven Member

I bought another XJ today...

[​IMG]

8. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

Hey! That XJ's got two too many wheels!

(Three too many if you count the steering wheel ;))

9. jeff4995

jeff4995 Member

I also have a 1981 Honda CB400T Hawk that is going through a frame up restoration,a 1978 Honda 185 Twinstar which I have owned since new,Honda 200 trike,Suzuki TS 100 dirtbike.The XJ750RL is going to be my ex-wifes bike when I get it done.I've kinda taking a liking to it though so it is going to be hard to give it up.Going to have to have some condition that I get to ride it once in awhile since I'm doing all the work to it.

10. migs

migs Member

I ride an 85 Vmax with 26000 miles on the odometer. It is in excellent condition, and reminds me of my 86 Maxim X (same type of power and speed). It has the V-boost which the Maxim X didn't---BUT the Maxim X was far more manageable in turns, and far more attractive (the Vmax may be a legend, but it is not as cool looking as the Maxim. From light to light, the Max is supposed to be faster, but I don't notice the difference. I have observed that when the V-boost kicks in the speed increases like a jet.

11. ChopHead

ChopHead New Member

my other bike is a 73 triumph bonny chopper :twisted:

12. Uncle_Meat

Uncle_Meat New Member

See sig!

The 550F is looking a bit sorry for itself, I've not used it for a while and it's awaiting some time and money to bring it back to it's former glory. Lovely bike to ride, comfy and if I have any complaints it is a bit buzzy at motorway speeds.

CB200. Just lovable. Small and buzzy, and oh-so chuckable into corners. It's not quick, even by modern 125cc standards, but it just has a charm all of its own.

I spent the last few years mainly on a '80 Honda CX500. The famous plastic pig/twisted twin. Glorious bikes to ride. Bagloads of torque, and about the closest to an automatic bike that I've ridden. As soon as you get above 20mph, you can lob it into 5th gear and off you go. Hills? Lots of steep ones here in Wales. No problem, maybe 4th gear for the really steep ones.

Limited storage space for bikes here, so I had to get rid of one bike in order to fit the XJ in, so with a heavy heart I sold the CX to a good friend of mine who has promised to look after it, and to also let me have a go of it now and again. :)

13. GrimmRider

GrimmRider New Member

My sig only says so much. Been to town and back on a few classics, love the 80's bikes to death and newer 600+cc bikes are scary. My first street bike was a 76 Honda CB360T.

I ride another monster that there is only one of, in the whole world, I named it "XS Interceptor". Yeah, its a 77 Yamaha XS650 engine in a 1984 Honda VF500F chassis. Built it in 4 days, it ran for 20 miles and the battery died, ordered a new one, rode it for a few more weeks and then left the key on and all the dummie lights are no longer working so I ended the season pushing the bike a few blocks to the storage shed. Think supermoto.

Also have access to my brothers 85' ZX600 Ninja and that thing is just a guided missile for being a mid 80's middleweight.

Gotta give mention to my street fighter prepped 1200 Bandit though. GSXR clip on's, track pipe, yoshimura header, dynojet kit, not sure of the exact numbers now, but, it was making 113whp in early 07' before I bought it and now I think I am going to turbocharge it. God help me.

Seems everyone has a very colorful array of bikes within' the community!

14. gwh57

gwh57 New Member

Hi
    I have 3 82 xj1100 maxims, 2 road ready and 1 parts, 3 81 xj750 secas 2 road ready 1 parts, 2 81 xj650 maxims 1 road ready 1 parts, 2 wildfire 150cc scooters and just sold my 82 xj550 seca

15. turbobike

turbobike Member

i'd like more motorcycles, but i was a car nut before hand, so i have 5 cars..

and one 'motorcycle', a smaller 110cc sports bike, and an electric Razor pocket-bike.

16. ptbiker

ptbiker New Member

The stable includes :

1992 Kawi EX250 (ninja) - Workhorse.. Daily driver

1982 Yam xj750J - Replaced engine, Take her out about 2x a week

1978 Hon CB750F3 Super Sport (SOHC)- 95% Stock,Great for its time. Seems a little tall / top heavy to me but love her anyway.

1985 Yam Riva 180 scooter (bought for wife) - work in progress

1984 Hon Shawdow 700 - Had a frozen motor, tore down corrected front cylinder problems, still waiting on minor parts before being finished.

I try to take a different bike every couple days but I always come back to the ninja for fun.

ptbiker, Port Townsend Wa

17. schmidtap

schmidtap Member

We'll I'd have to say that now I ride a 1977 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, just picked her up yesterday, man does she ride nice, dispite the windshield needing to be replaced, just gunna use my old fairing, and put the one from the GL back on my maxim.

Oh the Maxim is now for sale

18. Jim_Vess

Jim_Vess Member

A 2005 Yamaha R6.

The R6 is for blasting through the canyons and over the mountain passes. (Colorado has a bunch of roads that have the Dragon beat for fun - just as twisty with less traffic and fewer cops.)

My XJ550RH is a better around town/commuter bike than the R6, but doesn't hold a candle to the R6 when the roads get curvy.

The XJ also has the advantage of not being a theft magnet when I park it in the city.

19. XJ600S

XJ600S Member

This is my other ride, my team sponsorship bike:

[​IMG]

2007 Giant Advanced Team

The sad thing: I've ridden more miles on it than on my XJ600s...

20. MaximumX

MaximumX Member

WOW!! That's a nice bike... And probably worth two or three of my Maxim X's. If your team happens to have an extra one collecting dust... :wink: