1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wiring identification help , 1st post

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Slumericanmade90, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Slumericanmade90

Slumericanmade90 New Member

66000226-412A-4621-A215-7878900657E6.jpeg A92BFBB6-E569-4908-B6A0-57318B573C67.jpeg Hey all ,having trouble not getting any spark and help identifying some wires first things first a little background. 83 Yamaha maxim 750 previous owner hacked the wiring , only thing original from the bike is tci , regulator rectifier and handle bar start switch and key assembly. I found some bare bones diagrams on the forum and followed them correctly ( to the best of my knowledge lol) , I ohmed out the coils and the pick up coils and everything fell into factory specifications. I came to the conclusion it must be the tci ordered a known working unit from xj4ever ( big shout out to him for getting it to me so quick and helping me identify this bike) so after that still not getting any spark. There were a few wires I haven’t been able to identify after pouring over the wiring schematics for this bike and wondered if y’all can help identify them.This black and white wire coming from the tci plug I don’t know where it goes / and the red and blue wire that is in the harness that feeds the tci so if anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it thanks for your time in advance - chance

2. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. l don't have the wiring diagram but from memory black with white stripe is from the TCI to side stand relay. Red one is for the main fuse l think. There is a blue one that goes to the neutral switch from the starter circuit cut of relay.

3. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

If you can make that 2nd picture larger, we can probably ID those wires better.

I think (believe, guessing, spit-balling, etc.) that the "blue" wire is actually the wire that goes to the neutral switch, and what you are calling a "red" wire is actually a BLACK wire with a red tracer stripe....which would be for the oil level sender.

4. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Does the black wire with the red stripe go from the oil level sender to the diode block?

5. Slumericanmade90

So update I believe everyone was correct about aidestand oil level and neutral safety in my haste while wiring I didn’t bring a switched 12v to the tci I now have spark and can move forward thanks everyone for your help!

chacal, Franz and a100man like this.
  6. J-deirtay

J-deirtay New Member

Hey man does the 4 prong harness with orange and grey go to coils? And the 6 prong orange and grey go to your pick up? I am having the same problem. It turns over but no spark. I had spark a year ago and I bought a new tci and my buddy who said he was gonna re wire kinda screwed me. Could you possible send me your bare bones schematics and maybe send me the tci wiring schematic?

7. J-deirtay

J-deirtay New Member

Thank you ahead of time!

8. Slumericanmade90

Yea brother no problem , yes the harness with grays and orange goes to the coils and I’ll have to double check but I believe your correct in the six prong running to the pickup I’m out of town and away from my shop but I would be more than happy to send you the schematics both factory and bare bones