1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

wish i had $4500. choice of 86 or 00 vmax 1200

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Metal_Bob, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

Funny I see an 86 6k miles and 00 14k miles vmax 1200s both cost $4500 on cl.

Who wants to give me $5000?

I love the look, shaft drive and 4 into 2. Never riden/sat on one would I like them? Good bikes? Not that I'll own one any time soon...

2. MidniteMax

MidniteMax Member

Go ahead and gitcha a Vmax.
    I love my 98.
    It is an old hot rod, but I've also put in some 850 mile days on it (after I added the Corbin seat. The stock seat will kill your crotch on anything over 400 miles in a day). Fairly nice and smooth ride for the highway.

Cruising with the speedo straight up @ 75 mph (indicated), I get 44mpg since I changed to the Venture rear diff.

The bike is pretty much a straight liner though. Ain't really happy in the twisties. Running anywhere under about 105 mph is smooth going.

But, with the inherrent bit of frame flex common to all pre 2009 Vmaxes, it'll about buck you off at anywhere over 115. I had it to 135 once. That was a stupid mistake!

I'm 52 now, so no more riding like that. I do still take it on trips from time to time.

3. cutlass79500

cutlass79500 Well-Known Member

i sold mine about 2 years ago with 10k miles performance parts and extensive dyno tuning at tnt performance there is a write up on it in customers under 99 vmax had new tires was perfect for $4200 didnt ride it enough to justify having it pics of it in the link in my signature . was like riding an old school hot rod

4. alaskazzr

alaskazzr Member

As I'm in the market for a 93-07 VMax, how straight forward is the rear end swap? Simple as a bolt on, or are there complications?

Thanks!