1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Arlan Casimero Rufon

Arlan Casimero Rufon New Member

Hi im looking for piston set for maxim x 700 and also the piston ring.

Attached Files:

2. James Eller

James Eller New Member

Len's the best. Order Sunday, parts received Wednesday. Best service in XJ parts on the interwebs and always has what I need.

3. packerbacker89

packerbacker89 New Member

Len is the man. A couple months ago I ordered some brake parts from him. I paid on Sunday and they were in my hands Wednesday. Seriously the best. I’ll be coming back to him if I ever need anything for my bike.

4. Mike Smith

Mike Smith New Member

Ordered some parts that seem unobtainable here in the UK (alternator brushes and associated items), Len posted them off the day I ordered, arrived after 3 weeks in the US/UK postal systems! Nicely packed , and exactly as ordered. Good guy to do business with.

Tim morris likes this.
  5. Henthorn23

Henthorn23 New Member

Do you have any throttle cables for an '82 XJ 1100 ??

6. spacetiger110

spacetiger110 Member

Great service from Len, as usual. He has everything you need, fast shipping, fair prices, and impeccable customer service.

7. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Member

I’ve ordered from Len ( @chacal ) almost every April for the last few years as I prep my bike for each season. Shipping is fast, service is great, and products are excellent. If you need something and can’t find it, just ask and he’s always super helpful. Don’t buy knock offs on Amazon or eBay when you can buy the real thing from him.

8. phil_mill47

phil_mill47 New Member

I just ordered from Len for the first time and it definitely wont be my last! He responded in a timely manner and the parts all looked great. Ordered a spin on oil filter conversion and a fuse box upgrade and it all worked great. The included instructions were very helpful.

9. gingersnap

gingersnap New Member

Absolutely a pleasure doing business with Len. He got back to me right away and shipped out super fast. High quality idle mix screw sets, they look and work great (especially compared to my old ones... don't even ask how I had to get those out! ).

Good to know someone out there sells so many well made parts for these. Will definitely be ordering more stuff as my work on this bike continues. Thanks Len!

10. msgoodwrench

msgoodwrench New Member

Fabulous job again, Len!! Parts arrived fast, everything there, packed in nicely. Thank you so much for your great service! Now, it is time for me to get busy....

11. Reed whitehead

Reed whitehead Member Premium Member

Does anybody know anything about tci's specifically where I can find one for a 82 Seca 750 the one that's in the bike somebody wrote on the back of it the magic marker Maxim so I don't think it's original to the motorcycle I'm willing to try and rebuild this one with a new transistor I think the transistor I need is an st 901 t or I just like to buy one that I know works for my motorcycle thank you

jaxcob93 likes this.
  12. Reed whitehead

Reed whitehead Member Premium Member

I've got a full set of carbs for the Seca 750 they have a rebuild kit in them new floats and needle valve I don't need money for them apparently I need a TCI if anybody wants the carburetors they can have them just let me know

jaxcob93 likes this.
  13. Hollybrook

Hollybrook Member

Just got my order from Len after he gave me lots of good advice by email -- thanks!!!

14. jaxcob93

jaxcob93 New Member

Pm’ed you Reed

15. XJ4Keeps

XJ4Keeps Member

Brake parts and seat cover arrived today. Everything present and accounted for, and exactly what I needed. Thanks again, Len.

16. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Sorry I ddn't see this sooner. The 750/650 Maxim and Seca all use the same TCI

17. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Well, not really...........

The 1980-81 XJ650 Maxim models use their own unique TCI (black label, ID code 4H7-10). The 1982 XJ650RJ Seca non-yics engined models used their own unique TCI (green label, ID code 5V2-10); the later Canadian-only XJ650RJC models (with the yics engines) used the more common TCI (red label, ID code 5G2-10) which also used on the 1981-84 XJ750 Maxim, 1981-83 XJ750 Seca models, and the yics-engined XJ650 Maxim models (1982-84).

The non-yics TCI (4H7-10) and the later yics TCI's (5G2-10) are basically identical, except the earlier 4H7-10 TCI boxes don't have the grounding terminal for the kickstand safety switches, mainly because those early bikes didn't have a kickstand safety switch!

The non-yics RJ Seca box (5V2-10) had a slightly different timing advance profile than the regular 4H7-10 or 5G2-10 boxes, and, like the 4H7-10 box, didn't have a channel for the (not-used) sidestand safety switch.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    k-moe likes this.
  18. Rooster53

Rooster53 Well-Known Member Premium Member

I thought these were different timing as suggested but the 82 650 Seca does have a side stand switch. Therefore, the 5V2-10 TCI has the terminal for the black and white wire to disable the TCI.

19. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Rooster, you are exactly right, thanks for the update!

Also, if I recall correctly, you can use the 5G2-10 TCI (with the ground wire for sidestand switch) in place of the earlier 4H7-10 non-sidestand unit.

20. CREATCHIN

CREATCHIN New Member

I’ve probably ordered from Len 10 times and each time everything comes within just a couple days and in great shape, I’ll continue asking for advice and ordering parts as both have been great. Thanks again