1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

xj riders slay the dragon

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by blueseca, Mar 23, 2008.

1. blueseca

blueseca Member

i am realy trying to get some xj riders to go slay the dragon at deals gap. it is an awesome ride and hope to see some other xi riders. there is always good times around the fire pit and lots of other riders. check it out at www.dealsgap.com they have an awesome resort set up just for motorcycles. i will be there on the second weekend of May and hope to have some xj help with slaying the dragon.

2. blueseca

blueseca Member

lets do this

3. blueseca

blueseca Member

AAAAAAAAAAARGH

4. rescue76

rescue76 Member

When you planning on this?

5. blueseca

blueseca Member

i am definately going on the second weekend in may. it would be awesome if anyone wants to go, if not i will have a blast all by myself. check it out www.dealsgap.com there are also other places to stay but deal's gap is the best

6. blueseca

blueseca Member

i would be going right through corbin on 75 to get there from berea

7. blueseca

blueseca Member

rescue 76 it would be cool to meet other xj riders. even if you cant make it to the dragon, we could ride sometime, i live only about 30 minutes from corbin, in berea KY. and to all other xj riders lets do this for real 2nd weekend in May

8. rescue76

rescue76 Member

Yeah I spend a lot of time in richmond at the academy maybe sometime this summer when Im up that way we could hang out.

Im trying to talk my wife into going to deals gap for our anniversary..she wants to go to the smokies...so maybe....its close enough for me anyhow.

9. blueseca

blueseca Member

MINE WONT HAVER ANYTHING TO DO WITH MOTORCYCLES, THE DRAGON IS IN THE SMOKIES
    THERTE IS ALOT OF OTHER BEUTIFUL ROADS TO RIDE AROUND THERE TOO

10. blueseca

blueseca Member

every rider in the world should ride the dragon at least one time in thier life i wish i could do it once a month. or it would be awesome to get a job with THP as a motorcycle cop and ride it everyday for a job.

11. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

I slayed the dragon a few years ago with my father and it was awesome. 312 turns in 11 miles and my 1981 seca 750 loved every inch of it. We rode from PA to Ashville NC via Blue Ridge Parkway which is another amazing road that I loved. Some day I'll get back on both roads.

12. eanf

eanf Member

Hey all! Me and the wife are heading to the dragon the weekend of July 19th. we plan on making a whole day of the dragon, hellbender (hwy 28 in nc) and the Cher. Skyway... we did it last year on our honeymoon and loved it... I'd love to meet some of you all down there for a great day... anyone in?

13. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    i was on a nice hairpin curve on a gentle hill last summer when some BITCH in a suzuki sidekick came 1/2-2/3 into my lane and i went off roading...

i bent the bike a little bit and tore my left ACL. its starting to act up (the last week or so) and now im getting more and more leery of windy roadway...

the pics look beautiful but the tree of shame thing, and my accident coupled with my age doesnt make it overly appealing to me...

can i ride it at 20mph? otherwise ill have to defer to you more adventurous souls...

14. eanf

eanf Member

well, I'm 22 yrs young and i only went 25 through the dragon.

15. NursePadawan

NursePadawan Member

I so want to go there, just have to see what my summer schedule looks like.

16. eanf

eanf Member

Right on!!!! We are actually leaving thursday and me and the wife are trailering the bike there (we are taking a family vacation with my parents and grandparents) I will tell you that it's what I like to call "God's Country" it's the most beautiful place I've ever been to. So are you like a female nurse? Sorry if it sounds offensive... it's just rare that I see a female biker let alone one on an older bike like these. I mean no harm by it though.

17. gallahadion

gallahadion Member

Last summer, I just stayed in 2nd gear the whole way, if others are faster they just pass you, no egos allowed on the dragon, or the dragon will take you down. you should go slow your first time thru.

18. eanf

eanf Member

yeah that's what i did.

19. tennsouthernbelle

tennsouthernbelle Member

June 4-6 is a motorcycle rally in Louden, Tennessee (to take the place of the Honda Hoot) one of the rides is going to be the Dragon.... I dunno if I'm brave enough to try lol

But I'm going to the rally if I can get this Seca running.