1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ550RJ Complete Exhaust

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by kkrop, Dec 1, 2018.

1. kkrop

kkrop Member

I've got a complete exhaust for an XJ550RJ that I'm planning to sell. It's definitely NOT perfect, but it's not too bad either. I've definitely seen a lot worse! Two of the header pipes have corrosion on the inside bends, and the system has spots here and there with nic's/scrapes/dings.

I'm wondering if the group here would mind taking a look at the pictures and advising me on a couple things with the sale?
    I'd like some input on:
    -Should I list the complete system for sale as one, or separate the headers & collector from the mufflers?
    -What should I ask for it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

how you sell it depends on how quickly you want cash.

parting out an exhaust is like parting out a bike if you sell all the parts you will make more money but it could take you a year to sell

with the whole exhaust you get a wider market . those who want a whole exhaust and those who want/need just parts of it

shipping an assembled exhaust is costly,

the header pipes fit seca maxim and radians
    https://www.partzilla.com/product/y...?ref=3d8702da2b81e462d2e145a6bdeb2bb392806866

same with the collector
    https://www.partzilla.com/product/y...?ref=3d8702da2b81e462d2e145a6bdeb2bb392806866

and you can put the mufflers on both maxim and seca

3. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Talk to me. I would love an original exhaust to go on my bike. I'm trying to maintain it as original as possible.

4. kkrop

kkrop Member

Thanks very much for your input XJ550H. That's very helpful! Also appreciate your thoughts on selling the complete system vs. separate parts.

dkavanagh - I'll reach out to you on the exhaust system.

5. kkrop

kkrop Member

Looked the system over for additional imperfections that didn't show in the initial pictures. One notable spot of damage pictured is a scrape on the underside of the #3 header pipe. I didn't see it at first because it's on the underside of the system.

Attached Files:

6. kkrop

kkrop Member

Sold

7. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Thanks so much, and very well packed! Do you want the old towels back?
    I cannot wait to see this on the bike! I was thinking of waiting till the Kerker rusted through (and I still might), but I'm so excited to see these pipes on there!

IMG_20181211_104220226.jpg

I have a handful of parts I need to find now (to complete the assembly). I'll be talking to Len first!

Simmy likes this.
  8. kkrop

kkrop Member

That system will look great David. Plus, the Seca 550's sound so great with the factory exhaust!
    Hope you enjoy it!!

Glad the packing did it's job. I don't need any of it back.