1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ750 Race Bike (Large Picture)

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by KDub, Dec 16, 2014.

1. KDub

KDub Member

Franz likes this.
  2. KDub

KDub Member

[​IMG]

And another one! Looks like a Honda NC30 rear wheel, (chain driven), but I can still see the pumpkin? Oh what a lathe can do!

3. Thrasher

Thrasher Member

It may be a 650 like the one I raced. 346.jpg

Simmy likes this.
  4. Skwerly

Skwerly Member

Hey neat!

5. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

yep......that's a 650rj (non-turbo seca)

dave

John Purcell likes this.
  6. John Purcell

John Purcell Member

Ding ding ding. Dave nails it, as usual. One year production in the USA, 1982 only. If I remember correctly, the XJ650 Seca was available in in '81 in Europe, but I'm a little too tired to guarantee coherent thought right now.

7. KDub

KDub Member

Erm... Pretty sure it's an XJ750E, like this one: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/mashey6464/33431878.html, or http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_xj750e 81.htm, or http://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/cp/collection/xj750e/

Also, if you follow the original link, it says right underneath the picture: XJ750, and if you run it through Google Translate, you can find out that the guy who rides it is named Seto. If only his damn leg wasn't in the way!

I don't know about the second bike. It's from the same website/blog so it's probably a Jap spec 750 too. But the picture's at a weird angle and it's clearly been modified, so who knows? (I'm only saying Jap spec because every time I try to find more info about the XJ750E I seem to end up on a Japanese website*.)

You can, if you so choose, run the entire originally linked page through Google Translate, and get a pidgin English version to read. I'd really like to know what circuit the pictures were taken at (I'd guess Tsukuba because a lot of the club level motorcycle racing takes place there, along with the DOBAR series and the other bikes seem to fit DOBAR rules. But again, I'm just guessing).

*This page is interesting too, http://global.yamaha-motor.com/jp/showroom/cp/collection/xj750e/story/ Japanese again so you'll need the translator:

"XJ750E was released in May 1, 1981, the Hitoashihayaku 2mm bore based on the XJ650, which has been market introduction in Europe, the stroke is 4mm expansion is a Japan model aimed at further potential up."

Does seem to confirm it as being a Jap model.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  8. hogfiddles

i have no captions with any of the pics as they come on my computer....., I base it on just what I can see. If someone has info that can lead back through the actual pic, person, race, etc.....I'll default to that.

9. John Purcell

John Purcell Member

Hmm. Well, I'm not going to argue with the fact that the website says its the 750, but I thought that the Jap Spec XJ750E was only available as a YICS power plant? Maybe Seto has just replaced the YICS side cover with a blank cover though.

10. hogfiddles

That engine IS a YICS engine, you can tell by the valve cover. Yes, obviously the engine cover does not have the YICS badge in it, though.....

Dave

11. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

I know this is old but I'm not apologizing, this pics are awesome! I was researching the 650RJ and ran across this pic which lead me here.

My vote is 750e as well! Originally I thought the sidecover was a dead giveaway becuase all the 650 Seca's I've seen say Seca 650 and not just 650. Google helped me prove that wrong.

650Seca.png

650NoSeca.png

If you zoom in close enough and enhance, it really looks like it says 750. If it were a 650 I think you would see part of the 6 touching the 5 but it is not visible.

750e.jpg

The 750# is a Yics bike and did not have Yamaha stamped in the clutch cover but as we know, all these parts and motors are interchangeable and when it comes to a race bike it could be anything.

I wasted too much time on this but worth it as I had no idea a 750E existed with the awesome 650RJ bodywork.

Attached Files:

• 750.jpg
      750.jpg
      File size:
      12.1 KB
      Views:
  12. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

if Canada got yics motor in the 650RJ it could have been done else where or it is the Canadain bike . also you can put a 750 motor in a 650RJ frame and 750 badges on a 650 sidecover

then there is the link to the 750E

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019