1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ750 Seca rear shock dismantle

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Instructions' started by mack holland, Nov 8, 2019.

1. mack holland

mack holland New Member

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum, I have a 1981 Yamaha xj750 Seca that I’m turning into a cafe racer, apologies to those that don’t like them. I would like to dismantle the rear shocks to have the springs powder coated and would like to know if this is possible, any tips and also in doing so will I need any new parts when I put them back together?
    Many thanks.

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. There are many videos on YouTube showing how to do this. If you don't have the correct tools please be careful when doing this.

3. mack holland

mack holland New Member

Hello and thanks for the reply. Yes I’ve watched a few videos now but having never taken one apart before just wasn’t certain if that are all pretty much the same, but I guess they are. With regards to any replacement parts; can I re-use everything if it’s in good condition or are there any bits that must be replaced? I couldn’t find any parts online specific for these shocks?
    Thanks again.