1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

yx 600

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Liebo, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Liebo

Liebo New Member

Hello, new to bikes but I've been working on cars since i was little. just wondering if anyone might have an insight on the Yamaha radian. I picked one up dirt cheap that needed a battery and now starting to wonder how interchangeable some parts are. I was told that some FJ parts will work, (as far as converting my rear brake from drum to disc, and maybe upgrading my carbs.) Is anyone familiar with these bikes? So far most people don't even know what it is, or think its a maxim.

Just curious, but figured why not introduce myself as well.

2. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

Your bike indeed shares much with the 550 Maxim. Someone said the frame is basically the same. FJ600 rear wheel is disc brake and probably can be made to fit but would be a dumb idea. It's an 18", not a problem but very skinny. Your current 16 incher is 3.0" wide and your front is 2.5". The FJ is only 2.15 if IRC.
    The FJ has bigger carbs but I think they are physically bigger also. Really not worth the hassle it would entail. Your 30mm mixers probably deliver better midrange than the FJ's 32's anyway. Yamaha has already bored and stroked the 550 to make your 600. It's already a hotrod capable of nearly 120 mph. Follow
    This forum and make sure it runs as Y intended. Welcome to the forum!