1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Jun 1, 2006.

1. XJ&Tracer 900

XJ&Tracer 900 New Member

In preparation of buying my 1983 XJ 900 31A I knew I would need a forum to answer a ton of my questions. So I simply googled "XJ 900" forum and this popped up.

Been reading here for months and months and recently joined since I felt bad about not being a member . Tons of great threads have answered lots of my question. So a big thanks to all who contributes!!!

//Hampus

Franz and JetmechMarty like this.
  2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

welcome.

3. Mike Smith

Mike Smith New Member

Found the site via the Facebook "Yamaha XJ 600 XJ900 pre-Diversion" group page, lots of recommendations for the site cropped up there.

4. Rusty81

Rusty81 Member

Was looking at buying an XJ as a project. Looked at a 750, 650 and ended up getting a 700 (85). As I knew I’d be doing work to get it running I started Googling symptoms which led me here. Found a metric ton of info and tips!

5. Chal

Chal New Member

6. Chal

Chal New Member

I found it with Google, looking for an XJ 750 to restore or parts and info I cant remember exactly but I am so glad that I found it.
    Super bunch of contributors, thanks for all of the help and inspiration.

7. BigEasy Rider

BigEasy Rider New Member

I came across a 82 xj 650 seca from a buddy at work and wanted a project bike for a cafe racer. Im just starting on it. Any advice before I dig into it? I've tinkered with bikes and wouldn't consider myself a pro but capable.

8. XJ550H

do not turn a 650 seca into a project keep it original it is a 1 year bike.

if you insist in pods for your bike get it running and tuned first to see if it has any issues. this will remove any motor carb issues before you travel down the dark road to the vodoo of pods

9. BigEasy Rider

BigEasy Rider New Member

I just had a new liner put in the tank and I put some drag style handle bars on, but that is the furthest I've gone so far. I know it runs but it definitely needs tuning. I like the look and flow of the bike so I would fine with some minor changes and riding it like that.

XJ550H likes this.
  10. XJ550H

if you make the changes so they can be reversed you will have a bike you can bring back to original

11. Nettleship

Nettleship New Member

As soon as I agreed a cost and collection date for my 1980 XJ650 I went straight to google exploring the internet for parts I need and every search was leading me to either XJBikes or XJ4eva and it’s proven to be very useful!

hogfiddles likes this.
  12. Lance75082max

Lance75082max New Member

I heard through a Facebook xj page and love knowing about this page everytime I even have to look at my bike with a wrench

13. Randy H

Randy H New Member

I found link on Vintage Yamaha on Facebook. I am restoring a XJ650J that I got from friend who's brother bought it new. Nice bike to start with but sat a long long time. Have been searching for NOS parts but wow so expensive! Painting it now then will be ready to ride for first time in 25yrs.

14. XJ550H

many parts are available from our supporting vendor. which would be new as compared to NOS . nos parts from ebay can be over priced people collect them when they are in original packaging

15. xXmechman36Xx

xXmechman36Xx New Member

I found the site the other day while searching for random xj stuff. I'm in the process of finishing up my 82 XJ650 hardtail. I'm still trying to figure out the site from my phone lol. Hopefully I'll figure it out and get to know y'all a bit better 20200214_091903.jpg 20200214_091852.jpg 20200214_091832.jpg

Attached Files:

JetmechMarty likes this.
  16. Dre42

Dre42 Member

i found this site when I couldn't start up my newly bought XJ550. This site was among the first ones to pop up when I was describing the symptoms into the search engine. And rightfully so!

17. Ken w

Ken w New Member

I came across this page searching for parts for my 82 xj750 and I’m glad I did, so much knowledge and resources in one place and everyone seems so friendly so far, proud to join the XJ community

18. apotheon

apotheon New Member

I just stumbled across Roy Gilby's XJ750 build at Back Street Heroes. The tank modification is pretty much identical, and it looks like the bike was modified in a similar visual style (though a very different approach to the frame).

Rusty81 likes this.
  19. Mobius Williams

Mobius Williams Member

Was looking for data on a repair and got linked directly to one of your threads. Been my first stop when I need info ever since.

20. Nyk B

Nyk B New Member

I googled seca forum honestly. Just got mine running a couple days ago and having a blast on it. Cool to see there is as big of a XJ community as there is a XS lol. I fall into both.