1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJBikes products

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Jackncoke

Jackncoke Member

I might print out a few cards with my screen name on one side and this site on the other...

I havent seen another XJ yet though... Might drive by some harley bars once I print out the cards...

2. schmidtap

schmidtap Member

The flyer sounds like a good Idea, I'll try to get a few Idea's done up, I've seen a few xj's around, but lately all I see are sport bikes (damn soldiers)

3. bluzglide

bluzglide Member

>>I havent seen another XJ yet though<<

Well...the XJ was not the "big seller" that Yamaha thought is was gonna be. The Maxim outsold the Seca by far, but neither one created a stampede to the dealers. OTOH, they have both become classics sought after by competent riders who want great performance, good looks and rock solid reliability.
    It would really be nice to see more items for sale for these classics.

Dave

4. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

We're in good company, then! :D

5. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Okay, this thread hasn't had a bump in a while. I just thought of this: How about a bumper sticker that says, "My other ride is a Yamaha XJ"? Then you could put the xjbikes.com URL across the bottom in smaller font. What do you think?

6. TheHound

TheHound Active Member

Excellent idea.

7. unaverageman

unaverageman Member

With most of the posts I have seen I think it's only appropriate to have a XJBikes.Com Carb cleaning tool and some electrical tape with the logo running along it.

:D

8. Jakob

Jakob New Member

I'm almost disturbed that you use electrical tape that much! lol j/k

9. phorce1

phorce1 Member

This is a quote of an 18 month old post but I'd just like to let everyone know that the mass order request route does sometimes work. I have Koni adjustable shocks on two of my VW Transporters because a gentleman was rather persistent in asking them to break out the dies for a discontinued model.

We had to guarantee purchase of 100 units minimum. We did have a dealer in on the buy and he's the one who took the pre-orders (and pre-payments, have to have the cash up front to pay for a special order like that). He did make a profit but he minimized his markup for the group.

After that initial order Koni agreed to "keep the tooling handy" and sell to the dealer in batches as small as 25 units with a LARGE lead time.

BTW, the tooling for IKON shocks is Koni tooling. When Koni got out of the moto shock business they sold the tooling to their Australian manufacturer and that company is now Ikon so they are REALLY still Koni shocks made by the same company that's always made them but bearing a different name.

10. NursePadawan

NursePadawan Member

Just curious, is the site making money off the items being sold in the "Products" section? If so, I'm placing an order :)

11. asphaltgecko

asphaltgecko Member

If it would help you,
    my dad says you guys need to ask these companys to sponser this forum for some small amount per year like $50
    and then have everyone email them telling them how great they are for doing it and how great their stuff is... they they will want to work with you...
    he says you need a specific webpage here just for Sponsers and Advertisers
    links and products - not sure if you have one already but i couldnt find one

( hes a professor of marketing and economics & rides an old Indian Motorcycle) but thinks you have a great website here/ gecko

12. Maxhogg

Maxhogg New Member

I'm new to this board and XJ bikes. My other ride is a VTX1800 Retro
    and as apart of the VTXOA different states did there own thing.
    Our nebraska group designed resivour covers...
    [​IMG]
    Tshirts with our logo:
    [​IMG]
    How many of you XJer's are there?

13. Ozzyrod

Ozzyrod Member

Not quite true, Ikon did buy the tooling but Koni kept the patent right to the valve mech, easy fix Ikon designed there own now these shocks are made in China and assembled in Australia, I have been down this road on another forum and Ikon only wanted to add to the cost as this was a "special run" and need to be ordered well in advance :( . Personally buy the old Koni and get them rebuilt :)

Ozzy Rod

14. zoooooot

zoooooot Member

how about a scotch tape holster? i don't have one and if i could get one with x j on it well........

15. seaguy

seaguy Member

I am a Norton owner as well and after searching around I couldn't believe how well they are supported. There are even some that are Norton only. Not cheap but you can get anything you need in the US,Canada and Europe. If a market developes the sellers will follow. Forums like these really make a big difference. We will get there. Word gets around.

16. Kspallaxj650

Kspallaxj650 Member

I work nights and think that a coffee mug would be cool to have. Would be neat if we could get some kinda connections with a company to get some cheaper parts :^)

17. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

I'd like a set of Silk Screened "Sham-Wow's" with the Yamaha Tuning Fork Logo over YAMAHA ... Black Lettering and Logo.

Sure, ... there's probably an issue with the Name and the Corporate Logo.
    But, who cares.

Yamaha don't seem to mind that every Workshop Manual they every Published for XJ-Bikes was copied and pirated on a set of Compact Discs.

Them law-breakers are selling them like hotcakes!!!

18. Diddly

Diddly New Member

Just got my new to me 1985 XJ700, noticed riding home on the highway that the power curve went flate if giving it full throttle from about 4500 to 6500 rpm's. I'd remove the seat have a look around if I could figure out how to get the two up seat off the bike. Any suggestions? The XJ700 only has 12322 aprox miles and looks in new condtion.
    Thanks
    Diddly

19. tsmith

tsmith Member

wrong thread...... search it.

20. wizard

wizard Active Member

That was a bit curt, smithy.