1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

quite possibly the raddest looking xj I've found...

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by c_muck, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Hasersys

Hasersys Member

Just because you are riding a unsafe bike dosen't mean your stupid. He is probably well aware of his own bike.

My old truck dosen't have airbags, but it dosen't mean I do not drive it. My newer car has airbags all around the damn thing, but I choose to ride my bike.. Always.

telling someone your opinion on how safe or unsafe the bike they are riding is one thing, but calling them names is another.

OH and to the guys that restore vintage bikes. Keep it up, it is nice seeing a clean shiny old bike ride by. I have tons of respect for it, but when I have a chace to buy up an old rust bucket that would other wise go to the dump. I probably wont be shinnig it up.

2. parts

parts Member

As a "rat" the bike looks great!

But I'm with many of you as far as riding her.
    Like fiz I've got 30+ yrs on two wheels clocking well over 11k
    a yr as a daily rider.
    This bike would get old fast.

3. parts

parts Member

As a "rat" the bike looks great!

But I'm with many of you as far as riding her.
    Like fiz I've got 30+ yrs on two wheels clocking well over 11k
    a yr as a daily rider.
    This bike would get old fast.

4. bobberaha

bobberaha Member

I very rarely come to this site anymore and when I see some of these posts I am reminded why I don't come back to this site. Same old crap its to loud it will hurt his back it doesn't have a cup holder and the all time great I'll bet he only rides that bike around the block to the bar oh and lets not forget its unsafe. I guess its true a picture is really worth a thousand negative words. We can't celebrate someone's talent to think outside the box and build a bike that stands out in a crowd. For those of you who want to talk with talented people who build great bikes with out the BS. Go to thechopperunderground.

5. Ravenz07

Ravenz07 Member

Yes, we all know bobbers are "hip" and "cool" and it gives all the girls wettys. :p

6. colxj66

colxj66 Member

Personally , I think it is one of the very few cool looking XJs on this site.
    As a bobber it hits the button for me, it is an individual bike & who cares if he rides it to the bar around the block or rides it everyday to work or tours on it. ?????

The thing is, he built it that way because it is his & he wanted it to look like that. He probably knows as much about building a safe bike aswell as the"experts" on here if not more. A lot of thought has went into how that bike looks & rides I bet.

Well done that man..

7. bobberaha

bobberaha Member

I own 3 bikes right now a victory king pin, a BMW R80 both bone stock and a cb550 i'm going to turn into a cafe racer. I built a xj750 bobber last year rode it for a while and sold it so I guess I'm neither hip or cool right now. And I couldn't care less what raises the moisture level in your undies. These XJ's are very hard to bob and make look good so anyone who can do that has talent and this is one of the nicer ones I've seen.

8. Platkeyboy

Platkeyboy Member

AHHHHH HAHAHA, this thread is great! And we all know 80s comfort bikes are cool. Here, I found one that "gives the girls wettys" :
    [​IMG]

Oh wait, the wettys stopped 25 years ago for that styling. You guys are too much.

9. mrkil

mrkil Member

The thing I love about this bike is that he made it look nothing like a stck xj.
    I hope he rides the hell out of it and i'm not surprised at the comments here.

The xj is not a typical choice when bulding a custom, and good for him for makin one that flies in the face of mediocrity.

10. trailblazer68

trailblazer68 Member

cooter:

This bike and its rider represents the reason that motorcycle riders get
    such a bad reputation with both the public and the authorities. It is a
    danger to the fool that is riding it and it is a danger to any body else
    that may encounter it on the highway. It can not be registered in the
    condition that it is in. If as this picture shows it is being ridden on
    the highway then the rider shows a total disregard to the safety of
    the other highway users around him. Freedom to do what you want
    comes at the price of responsibility. No one that had a thought for his
    fellow road users would do what this guy has done and is doing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i like the fact your worried about his "rat rod" style saying it will fall apart and is unsafe, and yet 1000s of people do the samething to cars of all kinds and have no problems, in fact how often do you see them in the news because of crashes or accidents of any kind??? if he went this far in modifing his bike more than likely he has done this kind of stuff before and knows what hes doing or had someone who does help him. besides if you dont have turn signals so what? half the people who drive either dont use them when they should or dont realize there burnt out anyways, handsignals never burn out

11. earz_cd

earz_cd Member

I'm pretty sure that's a ziptie around his left fork tube. A lot of roadracers do that before they hit the track. They'll slide it down to the dust cover and can see how far their suspension compressed. Very cheap indicator to help setup your suspension. In his case, he was probably just making sure he wasn't going to have any bottoming out issues with the amount of drop he's running.

Little details like this lead me to believe that the guy didn't just "throw" this bike together. There was a lot of planning, checking, double checking, triple checking done on this build. I guarantee that this bike is safer than a lot of the bone stock bikes that are in serious need of basic maintenance. There's tons of those around my area. I'd ride next to this guy all day and not worry about anything falling off or causing him to come crashing into me.

So many folks so quick to judge without knowing the truth...kinda sad.

12. kevineleven

kevineleven Member

Zzzzzz

13. Ravenz07

Ravenz07 Member

Safe or not, it is just plain ugly

14. cutlass79500

cutlass79500 Well-Known Member

This is not an xj but thought you would be interested in this death trap. They relisted it today i think they made him because of the vulguar language the bid was almost 1800 bucks. He ground the cooling fins on the head off pulled the rear brake off if you go to the pages with the pics he ground off the engine serial numbers. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-C ... 19c75d4a3a

15. 16ozbud

16ozbud Member

This is why I hardly ever visit this site anymore, full of online heroes/real life zeroes. People feel the need to always throw in their 20 cents (cuz they can't stop after 2) and judge like they are smarter and better than anyone else. If ya don't have anything positive or constructive to say, then slowly back away from the keyboard. The genious people know by looking at a couple of pictures how unsafe a bike is and how disrespectful the rider is. Amazing! I hope to be that smart one day. Of course, it really doesn't take a genious to realize if ya don't like mods to bikes, then shortly after reaching the Forum Index on this site, click on anything that does not read XJ Modifications and you shouldn't have to look at pictures of death traps sent in by disprespectful punks. That should save you quite a bit of your valuable time from sifting through piles of stupidly modified bikes and having to let the rest of us know just how terrible you think certain bikes are. Now I know you think I, along with so many others, are on the edge of our seats anxiously awaiting your next great comment full of wit, wisdom, and better-than-thou attitude, but trust me, we'll survive. Maybe with all that extra free time you have from avoiding the XJ Modification Forum you can put your incredible talents to work on something good like curing cancer or bringing peace to the Middle East.

P.S.
    If ya think this may be directed at you, then it probably is...

16. Ravenz07

Ravenz07 Member

Welcome to the internet. Are you new to it? Everything you post is public and everyone has the right to put in their 2 cents when you post something on the internet. It is just the way the world works. When you get older, you might learn this lesson instead of getting mad and complimenting everyone with taste by calling them geniuses. :p

17. XJNEWFIE

XJNEWFIE Member

Well said 16ozbud...

18. Finnan21

Finnan21 New Member

So true - If you don't want thousands of people to critique your post then just share it with your "real" friends.

19. doc2029

doc2029 Member

I didn't like they way it looked without a rider, with the rider I liked it a little more. Not my cup of tea but to each his own. I can differently tell someone put a lot of time and maybe money in to building it. I say maybe money because I don't know if the owner/rider did the work him self or paid someone to do it. I do like some of the ideas in the design. Makes me wish I had the balls, time, money and know how to do something cool like that.. stock is cool, but totally customizing your bike is always a win, no matter what others think. If that rider loves his bike then well there ya go.

20. ktp1598

ktp1598 Member

I'd like to see it painted with lots of chrome. Of course, that kind of defeats the purpose ...