1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Frame swapping?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Vampirum, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Vampirum

Vampirum New Member

I have a question regarding 750XJ Maxim and Seca frames for you guys.

How similar are the Maxim and Seca frames for both of the above mentioned models? I am currently stripping down my Seca for parts. I have inspected the frames and other than a few subtle differences the frames seem to be the same. And after a few google searches, I've come to the same conclusion.

I am currently riding a road worthy Maxim and want to hardtail/bob it. I was thinking of taking my Seca frame to my friend (who is an experienced industrial welder by trade) while still having my current Maxim rideable and in the end having a back-up frame for when I do the swap over.

Are there specifics that I should look for that I may be missing?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

Look in Chacal's "information overload" for engine swapping details,
    The first thing that comes to mind is the shifter shaft is in a less than ideal location.

Search for "Crath" for a great hard-tail build - your welder friend will thank you for the how-to thread.

3. Vampirum

Vampirum New Member

Thanks for the tip. Found the thread. Will definetly be useful.

http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=9144.html

Since the tear down of the Seca I've found that a couple of things are in less than ideal locations lol. To be expected though.