1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ4ever parts & service

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by wrenchmaster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. elslimdiablo

elslimdiablo New Member

I would like to thank Len for the quick service and the great parts layout. A-1 in my book. I help people out that have older bikes that have some issues and cannot find anyone that will even entertain them. This time, was a co workers sisters' 82' 750 Maxim. I had never worked on one before and figured it would be a good challenge for me. Unfortunately,( or fortunately) there was no challenge to be had. Between this web site and Len's parts, I was able to go through the entire unit and make a very sweet running bike. I'm going to ride it for the next few days and turn it back over to the owner at the end of the week. She should be pretty surprised that not only does the bike start and run as it should, but I did some detail work to give the bike some of its' dignity back. Thanks again guys! -Rob

2. licious

licious New Member

Thanks Len! It seems to be I only have the most obscure parts broke or missing, its nice to know that I can easily get the parts, and every detail about them from Chacal.

3. FtUp

FtUp Well-Known Member

I can't say enough good things about len and his willingness to help us xj enthusiasts get the parts we need to keep our beloved xj's alive and running. excellent service and quick shipping. who could ask for more?

CN

4. Dtm834

Dtm834 New Member

Super fast like Lightning McQueen ka-chow!!
    If your looking pharmaceuticals for your XJ he's got it!!

5. streetbrawler750

streetbrawler750 Member

Thanks for the parts they always get here a day before I figure them to.

6. streetbrawler750

streetbrawler750 Member

Thanks for the parts they always get here a day before I figure them to.

7. quebecois59

quebecois59 Well-Known Member

Len is the man!

Service is absolutely awesome! Len is always ready to give advices as how to mount parts and to replace parts he provided if there is any problem.

Great guy to deal with!

8. ThinkingTime

ThinkingTime Member

Hi all,

Been a lurker since May of 2013 when I picked up an 81 xj750 seca. I have learned a great deal reading the threads throughout this forum and I wanted to pass along a big thank you and recognition to user Chacal at xj4ever.

Purchasing an old bike comes with the hassle of trying to find the right parts for a reasonable price, from someone that has the technical knowledge to answer any questions one may have. We're lucky to have Chacal supplying us parts with such great service, fair prices and excellent customer service skills. Many thanks and to anyone contemplating where to purchase parts for your xj, click the xj4ever logo at the top right corner of each page, or send Chacal a PM. He'll get you what you need.

Jay

9. BaldWonder

BaldWonder Innocent Bystander

I've had two orders with Len, and it's been a pleasure. He listens to what you have to say or ask, knows what you need, helps you with advice as you work through it, and doesn't BS you with anything you don't need.

10. cds1984

cds1984 Active Member

Jets have arrived.
    Tuning will begin!
    Damn you to hell Len!

and

Thanks also :)

11. rmcrow

rmcrow Member

Bump for Chacal. Great service, has talked me through and updated me on every step of the orders I need to get my new bike that is "Running, a daily driver, just got a carb clean and tune up from the shop" able to be safely and dependably ridden.

12. rmcrow

rmcrow Member

Another bump for chacal. Order came in today and he had even preassembled my float valve needles to protect them during shipping. Better prices than eBay and great service, then man drove my order through the snow and ice to get it the post office. This man deserves your money.

13. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

Thanks Len for everything, once again :) Everything arrived in perfect condition!

Now I just need the weather to co-operate so I can do something with the stuff I got lol.

14. bpcfalls

bpcfalls New Member

Len, thanks for the great parts and new carb tuner! Shipping was fast as lightning. Your expertise is much appreciated as well. Thanks for all the time you spend with this site. Well done!

15. dmlyster

dmlyster Member

Hey Len,
    I still have not seen an autopsy report from the banding coloration on those stainless steel brake lines. Did the manufacturer do a detailed examination to determine cause? You replied that it was cosmetic and will not affect performance but that a detailed evaluation was in progress.

The carb kit to fix my carb issues is still not solving my problems, when or if the carbs are functiuonal I will to make a decision as to wheather I keep the SS lines.

Thanks for all your previous help.

16. xHondaHack

xHondaHack Active Member Premium Member

After numerous challenges with my custom made brake line, Len handled everything in a professional and courteous manner, and went way beyond my expectations. He will always be my first choice for all my parts needs.

Tony

17. FJ111200

FJ111200 Active Member

Thanks to Len for sending me the crankshaft oil seals for my XS1100.
    Arrived last week, joined the two halves together today no problems. Fit like a glove.
    Shame Yamaha discontinued the seals that use the inner lip, but the pattern part one is just the same, and the genuine part will probably be good.
    Only drawback in getting parts from over the pond is the UK Customs and Excise taking their cut.
    Len 10 Bastards 0.

18. Expat_Brit

Expat_Brit New Member

Just a big thumbs up to Len and his services, ordered a YICS tool for my Seca, was surprised it arrived 2 days after ordering it. Service is fast and good and the tool is nicely made. Thanks Len

19. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

Len pulls through again. I had a valve cover pressure washer split apart, from new out of bag. Len's the man! he just threw a new one in the mail for me. No charge!

Thanks again Len for looking out for us!!

20. Yamachop

Yamachop New Member

First time I've purchased parts from xj4ever and I'm truly pleased. Received exactly what I ordered and the parts came very quickly. Won't be the last time!!