1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What else do you ride?

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by pianomangg, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Kickaha

Kickaha Active Member Premium Member

Just added a 1980 RD350LC to the stable

Attached Files:

2. Monster

Monster New Member

1982 750 seca, 1977 xt 500, 1990 cr 250r, 1994 80 badger, 2003 400 kodiak, 1989 glastron 185 futura 4.3 mercruiser.

3. Speedwagon

Speedwagon Member

I'm looking to add a 2006 FZ6 to my stable.

[​IMG]

4. aztech

aztech New Member

03 Vmax Regular ride
    83 XJ900 Project bike for now
    75 DT250 Just for blasting farm fields

5. Ian.k

Ian.k Member

Until last november I had a suzuki gsx750, real sporty but uncomfortable, the low handlebars have you hunched over it like an inmate. Handled nice though. I ended up selling it to my roomate who fell in love with it. and since he's not done paying me for it, technically i suppose I still own it.
    [​IMG]

UGLY wheels though.

6. spanky

spanky Member

Toy #1 used for long distance and sport touring:
    [​IMG]
    Toy #2 used for high velocity riding and sport touring:

[​IMG]

Toy #3 used for local mountain & twisty riding and because I love the sound of an Italian V twin:
    [​IMG]

7. thedude

thedude Member

my other bike...only working bike right now is a 1975 yamaha dt400b enduro, its a deathtrap... bad fork seals so big dips when braking, very sticky drum brakes which are prone to locking, bad swingarm bushings so when i brake/accelerate the whole bike twists crazy...oh yeah no turn signals as the previous owner took them off....deathtrap...but oh golly is it fun!!! :p

Attached Files:

8. Foximus

Foximus Member

man you guys are crazy about inline 4s....

9. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

Let me know if you do. I just saw one of these at the shop, and I think I'm in love.

BTW, McHenry is a decent ride from me. If I ever get teh finishing touches on the Seca (or pick up that FZ), we should meet in the middle somewhere for a ride.

10. woot

woot Active Member

<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.777479+-
    Inline 4's make alot of hp for their size... they might not make the same torque numbers but they generally have nice wide powerbands.

I'm looking at v4's at the moment as well :D

11. Robert

Robert Active Member

ION, I've loved the 80's Katana's since I first laid eyes on the 84 1100... wicked looking beast with attitude to match. I'd have settled for the 84 GS1150E but they were just as hard to come by. Had a grey market 83' 900 Katana once, man was that a raped ape. I totally understand your roomy, I'd love to add one to the stable.

12. snick

snick Member

13. woot

woot Active Member

<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.777479+-
    I'm now a CBR600 owner... fun little bike.

Pros:
    - awesome brakes
    - awesome suspension
    - great power
    - very comfortable for a sportbike
    - good fuel milage, good range.
    - good tire selection

Cons:
    - great power. 3rd gear is all you need... 6th is only to drop the revs on the highway.
    - still a sportbike... if you don't have long arms your back will get tired if you try and situp all day.
    - eats tires much faster than the maxim
    - not really good for passengers
    - luggage has to be thought through more carefully

I like it. I think I made the right move for what I'm looking for. I'll miss the maxim but she's in good hands and I think the new owner will get alot of enjoyment out of it. She was running really well when I sold her.

14. Joel07

Joel07 Member

Well, just added another to my growing collection. A Kawasaki KZ305. Believe it or not, this is probably the best one I've got at the moment. Quite a testament to my collection of junk if I do say so myself. :lol: I'll probably be picking it up on Saturday, it doesn't run right now, but I'm guessing the carbs are just gummed up. With just under 9k miles on it, I'm hoping it won't need too much, and will serve as my transportation to and from work for a while to help save on gas. Now need to find a good mesh jacket since it's usually mid 90's and 90% humidity all summer long here. 8O

I haven't posted much about my other bikes either. The '83 Venture was going to be my rider, but I've found out that this bike is very complicated, and hard to find parts for, so it's kinda up in the air at the moment. I did order everything I need to finish the exhaust up on it, so I'll probably go ahead and do that, and try to at least ride it around the parking lot to find out if it has the dreaded second gear issue (bad synchros around 30-50k miles, this one only has 20k).

The XS650 is currently sitting at my parents, and will probably stay there for a bit to come. The plan is to use that as my first attempt at a chopper, but with the Venture up in the air right now, who knows, maybe I'll do a Venture chop. Never seen that before. :D But, I do know I'm going to have to eventually get rid of one or two of them, but for right now, they're not taking up much space, and I have so little money tied up in them, it's not hurting anything for them to sit for a while.

As far as the Midnight Maxim goes, I still plan on fixing that one up. Right now it's serving as an unmolested template to go by while tracking down wiring issues with my friend's '82 XJ650. Speaking of which, I still need to get some pics of that one...

Here's some pics of the KZ:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Joel07

Joel07 Member

Also, a few pics of the big Venture. Now you see why I'm giving up on it. :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Robert

Robert Active Member

I know the Venture looks intimidating in the flesh but it's just a V-Max in sheeps clothing. Bunch of electronics and gizmos, just gotta wade through it all, one step at a time. Best of luck to you!

17. Joel07

Joel07 Member

Picked up the KZ305 yesterday, and got a nice surprise. This is actually a CSR model, which had the "Uni-Track" belt drive. The belt drives were somewhat troublesome, and hard to find parts for, so many people switched over to chain drive, which is what this one is. But, the CSR's had a 6 spd tranny, and a larger cam (10k RPM redline!), so I'm thinking this one will be a pretty good bike. Hopefully have it on the road in a couple of weeks. :D

18. amidroc

amidroc New Member

In addition to the XJ550 Seca, I have a 2003 SV1000S. It's a V-Twin and the grunt down low is awesome. It's a better bike in so many different ways. The XJ will always have a spot in my heart since it was my first bike and it took a while for me to get it in the shape that it's in.

I haven't taken the XJ to the track but the SV just carves its way around. There is a pic of me at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma CA. Very technical track and the SV is at home there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Franz likes this.
  19. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Member

In addition to my XJ550R Seca, I ride a '99 Buell M2 Cyclone. There is no comparison. It is a beast, pure and simple! Handling; superb. Unbelievable flickability. Low end grunt coming out your ears. 110HP,91 ft# torque, ya gotta love it. Plus the V-twin sound as a bonus!

Attached Files:

20. amidroc

amidroc New Member

I love Twins!! :D