1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.
bigfitz52
Last Activity:
Oct 25, 2020
IT Support Manager

Share This Page

bigfitz52

Well-Known Member, Male, from Rural SE Michigan 60 miles N of Motown

Premium Member

RacerTV-- amateurs going by the views expressed by the motorcycle magazines back in the day rather than experience with the subject. Nov 21, 2014

bigfitz52 was last seen:
Oct 25, 2020
    1. Jo Murray
      Jo Murray
      hi big man first time used forum looking for help to find supplier for valve shims for my 1986 maxim XJ 700 x water cooled Yamaha .I live in Scotland and have fek all here. hope to heare from you .cheers pal.
    2. ostis
      ostis
      Hi! first a big thanks to all the guides you have posted:D But it seems that all the pictures you have posted are gone... Would it be possible to upload them again?
    3. Kendrick
      Kendrick
      I hope you guys can help me. I have a 1980 Yamaha coils it won't start. I'm getting power to the ignition coils but no power to the spark plug wires and spark plugs. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? I got the bike from a friend really cheap, but the electrical was all screwed up. But I think for the most part, I have it figured out.
      1. craig187
        craig187
        No spark ? does it have a TCi unit ? are the pick up coils working, is there a good earth to the TCI unit and the frame of the Bike?
        Dec 21, 2020
    4. RobPryce
      RobPryce
    5. Kozmo
      Kozmo
      Hey there... you wrote on the one thread about XJ550 clutch cable routing and mentioned in your reply that you had instructions on the proper placement? (forums/threads/81-xj550-clutch-cable-routing.44605/). Would you be able to PM that to me? It would be really appreciated. Thanks!!
    6. Jeff Losee
      Jeff Losee
      How do I post a question or create a new forum under technical? I disassembled my starter to try and rebuild it, and noticed the magnets inside the main container are broke, like in pieces. No wonder it wouldn't crank properly. Anyways I need to post and ask where I can get an entirely new starter motor, or if there is anywhere I can get an aftermarket one, maybe an Arrowhead or something.
      1. msgoodwrench
        msgoodwrench
        I got a new starter from Chacal on here. info@xj4ever.com
        Gotten other parts there too, great to work with him.
        Jun 17, 2017
    7. Tim L
      Tim L
      I think my 86 maxim needs some coolant and it is hard to see the level. Where and how do I do this ? Thanks for any help.
    8. Mathius
      Mathius
      I was told that you were in the know with polished wheels.
      Do you have any pics of what they look like finished, and on the bike?
    9. Sed8d
      Sed8d
      Hey bigfitz! I was looking at the posts of your Seca 550. Beautiful job!! Did you paint the drum and caliper with a spray can paint or did you have a shop do it? The black front fender looks fantastic as well!!
      Where in SE MI are you from? I was born in Warren and raised in Troy.
    10. Greenhorn
      Greenhorn
      I stripped the drain plug on my final drive how screwed am I ? I have a xj 1100 nice machine this was the last maintenance thing that was on the list ! It doesn't leak oil can I JUST SECURE THE BOLT SOMEHOW JB WELD IT IN THERE AND GO WITH IT ????
    11. chris petty
      chris petty
      hows it going was hoping you or someone that knows about bikes can help me out i have 81 xj650 that is not gettin fuel to the cylinders
    12. bman650
      bman650
      Hello, hoping you can lend me some advice. my engine has locked up so I decided to remove the timing cover and turn the engine over manually. It now seems to move freely but I have turned it over in the wrong direction and am wondering if there are any precautions I should take before attempting to fire it up. 1981 xj 650 maxim. Cheers
    13. Idaho Dog
      Idaho Dog
      Please help
      Have a 550 maxim with no spark
    14. Seca cafe
      Seca cafe
      Hey man how goes it just wondering if you or anyone would know if it is possible to do a wheel swap on my 93 seca xj I'm building it into a cafe racer and would like to run spoked wheels any ideas? Thanks
      1. FtUp
        FtUp
        look at the same era virago for spoke wheels.

FU
        Mar 5, 2015
    15. bigfitz52
      bigfitz52
      RacerTV-- amateurs going by the views expressed by the motorcycle magazines back in the day rather than experience with the subject.
    16. xHondaHack
      xHondaHack
      ...and I've tried a few times to update my sig and had trouble so I left it as is. Maybe someone else can chime in that's had better luck.

BTW, where is the "new" Celery Capital of the US?
    17. xHondaHack
      xHondaHack
      Next,

The avatar will be more of a chore. You will have to make sure it's sized so it will accept it (mine said it needed to be no more than twice the width as the height) and could need several attempts to get it to display correctly.

Tony
    18. xHondaHack
      xHondaHack
      Fitz,

Click on your screen name on the upper right of the page. Then scroll down a bit and on the left hand side will be your preferences. Choose the one that you would like to change.

Tony
    19. bigfitz52
      bigfitz52
      How does one "massage" one's profile? Even change the PW to one I can remember? Make a new avatar that fits the frame? Update my sig?
      1. Ken_Klein likes this.
  • About

IT Support Manager
    Old Motorcycles (duh) and aviation history

Signature

'83 XJ550R, '81 550R