1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.
hogfiddles
Last Activity:
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:27 AM
Showcase Items:
1. Band Director 2. Banjos, etc.

Share This Page

hogfiddles

XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic, from near utica, new york

Moderator Premium Member

Kegan, your fusebox is right on top of your airbox cover Mar 9, 2021

hogfiddles was last seen:
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:27 AM
    1. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      You screwed then up. The only ones that were removable where in the 1980 '80 650 bowls, I don't recall the 750 bowl having a removable jet…
    2. Richard Elbon
      Richard Elbon
      Looking for two float bowls hopefully with clear starter jets for 82 Seca750. I pulled them out with and ez out cause in the service manual they looked to be replaceable. Rich
    3. Dave Reppert
      Dave Reppert
      How will I know when my upgrade to premium status has been approved? Also, where do I go to enter the forum name I would like to use? RSVP, Dave R.
    4. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
    5. chuck saylor
      chuck saylor
      hogfiddles, I am new here but would love some help. My 1980 yamaha sx 850 with hitachi carbs needs help. Do you have or know of another member who has a good diagram for Hitachi H34C carbs. My clymer book is not much help when it comes to rebuilsing these. Would be great to have a diagram that is more specific for my rebuild on these. Thanks for any help you can provide
    6. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      GTO - Fitz hasn't been around for a long time. Start a thread and we can work it.
    7. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Gmon...the section is "For Sale, trade/swap, wanted". That covers everything. We leave most posts for reference. Location- click on avatars
    8. Tim morris
      Tim morris
      Just wondering any shock absorber rebuild kits for saca out there would love to just take my normal part rechrome and clean put new seals in New oil ???
    9. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      MavRick--I doubt it.....the 550 has four cylinders, the virago only has two, just to begin with
    10. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Bill, click on my avatar, then click on "start a conversation". Also, I sent a reply to your inbox. Check there.
    11. Wihburg
      Wihburg
      Hello, I recently purchased two 1982 XJ550 Seca’s. I’m going to make one viable bike out of the two. Do you still offer a carb rebuilding and cleaning service? If so can you let me know a price. I’m actually not too far from your area. I’m near Albany NY. Sorry if this was the wrong way to contact you, I’m new here and couldn’t find how to PM.

Thanks in advance
      Bill
    12. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      J.51.... I started a thread for you in Technical Chat
    13. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Ferrin, create a thread.
    14. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Click on the blinking logo in upper right corner
    15. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      What do you want to know?
    16. Tow man
      Tow man
      Of carbs I just need the help getting him on the road so I'm going to the king that's you! So the word on the street I need the master rebuild to my carbs I have 2 full sets of mikiuni 33s
    17. Tow man
      Tow man
      OK so I after much searching I seem to have found the wizard! I recently purchased my dad a 85 maxim x xj700x with low miles that had been stored in a heated garage from the original owner it has a sidcar I need help someone to rebuild one of my 2sets
    18. vash90909
      vash90909
      Hello good sir, I’m in need of 4 shims. 260(x2), 255, 265.
    19. Brett Dupree
      Brett Dupree
      Afternoon hogfiddles,
      Like many before, I'm resurrecting an '82 550 seca, and am in need of a handful of shims. From my readings, it seems you are one of a few that might still run a shim pool, so I am curious if I can purchase these from you. Five in total: 260(x1), 265(x2), 275(x2)
    20. Samuel Paige
      Samuel Paige
      Goodmorning sir, new to the site as of about 15 minutes ago; and new to the xj550 I've got as it was handed down to me last night by my uncle! It's my understanding you're the best out there for carb cleanings?
  • About

1. Band Director 2. Banjos, etc.
    #1 hobby - collecting rocks and minerals #2 hobby - a whole bunch of other hobbies

Signature

XJ900RK, XJ700, a couple dozen more XJ's, 2 Hondas, 2 Suzukis, 2 xs400 Secas....and counting
    ------
    https://www.xjcd.org/emergency_guidectomy