1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.
hogfiddles
Last Activity:
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:27 AM
Showcase Items:
1. Band Director 2. Banjos, etc.

Share This Page

hogfiddles

XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic, from near utica, new york

Moderator Premium Member

Kegan, your fusebox is right on top of your airbox cover Mar 9, 2021

hogfiddles was last seen:
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:27 AM
    1. JCH
      JCH
      Dave,I finally got the Carbs back on the bike and it is running much better now,i found one float that was intermittently leaking so i replaced all four needles and seats and wet sync the float levels more times then i can count.
      Thank you for your help.
      1. hogfiddles likes this.
    2. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Rich! Nice to see you here! Also, check your inbox
    3. JCH
      JCH
      Okay...thank you for you input Dave. It will be a couple of months before i get the bike back together.
    4. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Could be... and sediment indicates either bad filter, dirty or rusty tank—- which means if it’s in the bowls, it’s in the carbs too
    5. JCH
      JCH
      So i took apart the carbs and the only thin that stuck out so far after a primarily inspection is during draining of the float bowls i noticed that one carb had about 2.5 oz of fuel and the others had 1-1.5 oz and noticed some black stuff in the bottom of the bowls not a whole lot.Do you think the uneven balance in the bowls would be a factor for my issue ?
    6. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Well you have to figure out if you’re bogging due to drowning, or starving
    7. JCH
      JCH
      Would they cause my symptoms of bogging off idle ?
    8. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      I can usually see it ..... the arent smooth anymore— they start to get a ‘velvety’ look, and then a ‘sandpapery’ look, then onto ‘bad’
    9. JCH
      JCH
      Dave,if the carb jets are etched ? you can't see that can you ? how can you tell ? doesn't that just make the mixture more rich ?
    10. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      So you have: 1. At least one float sticking open 2. A leaky petcock, unless you left it on PRI
    11. JCH
      JCH
      The float bowls overfilled one time when left on prime after a couple of weeks too.
    12. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Len has ANYTHING you need
    13. JCH
      JCH
      Okay Dave I will take a close look at those too,is there a o-ring kit or parts that i should get from Len coming?
    14. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      If it’s been sitting with gas in the bowls, it could have eaten/etched the jets—
    15. JCH
      JCH
      i'm still having issues with the stumbling or bogging on take off , i'm thinking the ethanol fuel that i was using may have restricted the pilot jets,you did the carburetor rebuild a couple of years ago but only maybe 300 miles on the rebuild. ,i was thinking of not breaking the rack apart and just cleaning the bowls,jets and seats,wet test floats and check height of floats.
    16. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Ken, I just sent my contact info to your inbox. I’m only an hour or so away. Feel free to call anytime if you have questions
      1. Ken w likes this.
    17. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      What is stamped on the engine by the oil fill hole? Also, check your inbox
    18. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      I’ll start one for you— look in your inbox
    19. jag3
      jag3
      How do I send a private message?
    20. hogfiddles
      hogfiddles
      Robert—start a thread.
  • About

1. Band Director 2. Banjos, etc.
    #1 hobby - collecting rocks and minerals #2 hobby - a whole bunch of other hobbies

Signature

XJ900RK, XJ700, a couple dozen more XJ's, 2 Hondas, 2 Suzukis, 2 xs400 Secas....and counting
    ------
    https://www.xjcd.org/emergency_guidectomy