1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted 1981 Yamaha Seca 550 Pearl White right side plastic cover

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Nicholas Fortier, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Nicholas Fortier

Nicholas Fortier New Member

As you can see I already own the left, I need the right. willing to pay $$$ for one since they are hard to find apparently but the left isn't lol. My dad passed this bike down to me and I want him to see that I will make him proud by taking care of it. I plan on even doing my First Carb. rebuild this winter (super excited), anyways this bike means a whole lot to me and I plan on passing it down when I have kids of my own. Thank you for your time looking at this thread.

Attached Files:

2. joejr2

joejr2 Active Member

consider yourself lucky to find a right side cover in any color ny color

k-moe likes this.
  3. MrSeca

MrSeca Member

I'm curious how your dad lost the right side cover. I'm curious why they're so rare.

4. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

Right side covers the battery. A lot of time the cover is removed to service the battery. Cover set on the shelf and never seen again.

5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Or a post breaks and it blows off during a ride.

I was actually lucky to get the right cover for my baby when bought her. I was loading the bike into my truck when the seller's father came out of the garage saying "Don't forget to give him this. You took it off when you charged the battery."

6. MrSeca

MrSeca Member

So that's how they dissapear. If he didn't remember to give it to you and you just thought it was gone to side panel heaven then the PO would've probably thrown it away and that's how they dissapear.

k-moe likes this.