1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1983 SECA 900

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by dpawl31, Jul 2, 2019.

1. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

I just do not have the time to give this girl what she needs and I refuse to give it to somebody who is going to part it out or chop it up. It will not take much to get her on the road again in fact I rode last year just not legally due to the tail light and two leaks. The gas tank has a leak at the pinch Weld and I have a full fuel tank sealing kit ready to go with it. The front master cylinder has cracked sight glass and is leaking every pump. I was ready to buy a new master cylinder on here and get a tail light lens somewhere but I just do not have the time or energy to do it lately. Located in Southern New Hampshire at my friend's house. Paint is well weathered and it is missing a panel or two. It will fire right up and idle immediately it is a damn good runner. Such a special bike I don't want it going to waste but I do not have the time to restore her properly.

Best offer takes it. Will also be listing on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace, possibly eBay. Will get current pictures on request and answer any questions. Pic is from last summer.

Attached Files:

2. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Someone should grab this one!

Franz likes this.
  3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

so close...….do I need two?

ecologito and dpawl31 like this.
  4. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

Yes

ecologito and MattiThundrrr like this.
  5. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

Nobody? No interest? Isn't this one of the more rare XJ's? It's all original and runs... No offers?

6. XJ550H

can you post some more pics. I am interested, down side to rare bike is finding missing parts and the cost of those parts.
    it is going to be a busy week up here with 3k to 5k bikes expected to visit the crash site.
    is there a rush to move it from friends house?
    its not going to be a weekend to tow a trailer.

dpawl31 likes this.
  7. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

XH550H,
    Thanks for looking out for yourself and others, I would bet it will be a crazy riding weekend for the crash site. I just hope they all come and go safely, I would hate to add another sad story to the already hear wrenching one.

dpawl31 and XJ550H like this.
  8. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

I was just up at the site myself last Saturday, in route to the ATV ride up Mount Washington. Very humbling area. Very happy to see the signage and construction cones they put out. Not necessarily a rush to get rid of it I just kind of expected this to be the place where people there go Bonkers over it considering it's all original and basically all there beside a cracked tail light and some side covers. As much as I would love to fully restore it and ride the absolute piss out of it, I just don't have the time and any time I do have I would much rather be on an Enduro or at least a dirt bike but I refuse to sell my ATV in order to get one. I have a KLR 250 in my backyard that has been sitting for 4 years because the engine blew and I just don't have the time to do that kind of work. Trying to sell this and possibly my old car in order to gain enough funds to buy a good used dual sport bike. Trying to get on a 250 2 stroke or 300 and up 4 stroke.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  9. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

And yes I'm actually headed over there for some fireworks and cookout tonight I will get more pictures

10. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

@dpawl31 I think a number of people would be interested in your bike. More pictures can be very telling and give folks a better idea of condition. Even with that, not everyone is a) in a position to take another bike or b) near enough or with the means to come get it. So, don't take "less interested than you expected" to heart. A number of factors need to line up to make a sale.

Franz, dpawl31 and joe elliff like this.
  11. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

I will get more photos tonight and probably a video of it running also. As for having trouble to come pick it up, I have no problem delivering depending on distance and if you're willing to pay for fuel I'll go even further.

12. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Willing to drive to Utica NY to deliver it to the location of the Central NY Carb Clinic?

Then it could live along side 7 others----

( I should probably line them up and take a pic sometime---- in all my spare time....lol)

Dave Fox

Andrew Nichols likes this.
  13. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

That's a $100 fuel bill, but if the money was right to get me on a decent Enduro again then definitely lol

Where have you been? I was about to pay you for a tail light and side cover and lost contact.

14. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

It was just text messages on my phone so maybe the phone number got messed up or whatever. Doesn't matter at this point anyway no big deal I haven't had time for it anyway. As far as price I was really looking to see what people are going to offer because I really don't know since it's such a unique bike but it obviously needs some work. If I remember correctly when I first posted it here somebody said I'll give you $1,000 right now LOL and I said no I definitely want to get it finished up and cleaned up and ride it. That's why I wanted to keep it all stock and I didn't want somebody to hack it up as well as the guy that sold it to me wanted the same for the machine. So realistically I'm just looking for offers or possible trades which is why I want to put it up on Marketplace and Craigslist as well to see what people have for offers, cash or trade.

15. XJ550H

this was the post

16. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

Thanks, I am on the downward side of my thirties but apparently my memory is still solid! Lol

17. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

2022 update/bump this is still for sale. Located in southern NH I had set it aside hoping to find time for it and never did. She runs strong. I have a 900 specific manual and a 650/750 manual as well to go with it and even a fuel tank lining kit.
    No battery, no title (previous owner lost it) but she's mostly all there and just needs a real xj owner to give her the love she deserves.
    Best offer takes it, want it moved by end of April. I can deliver within reason at your fuel cost.
    Replies here likely won't be seen, posting elsewhere also.
    If interested please contact Doug @ email usa.subs.salem @ gmail dot com or text six oh thr33 3 3 nine nine 69 ate.
    (I know what it's worth to the right person but I'm not wanting to make bank or take a long time, but no, $200 and a 6pack won't cut it)

Attached Files:

dossbag and XJ550H like this.
  18. Andrew Nichols

Andrew Nichols Active Member

Yes. I have 4...

19. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Is that all?

20. Andrew Nichols

Andrew Nichols Active Member

Yes, still only 4 of them.