1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale 1986 suzuki 1200 madura,plus parts bike

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by cruiserlover, Aug 7, 2018.

  1. cruiserlover

    cruiserlover Active Member

    Messages:
    303
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    denton texas
    I have a cosmetically challenged 86 madura 1200.it runs great.The rear tire is pretty much gone.It has some issues.The tailight keeps blowing fuses.I bought a multimeter and am learning how to use it, but its still not fixed. The start button was broke out of the switch.I bought a used one just like the one on the parts bike.It was plug and play, but for some reason doesnt work.The ignition key turned on, screwdriver across the solenoid and it starts easily. I didnt have the parts bike or i would have stolen the one off it.Its start button works so I now am going to follow its wires and see how they differ.They are identical models,both 86. All the gauges, safety switch warning lights,signals all work. Its weird, the tailight fuses keep popping on the parts bike also.The parts bike turns over easily, would probably start and run.It has no gastank.It was kept inside, the owner was going to restore it.he said the motor is very good.He used to be a suzuki mechanic. The engines have a reputation of going over 200,000 miles.They have hydraulic lifters,v4, dual overhead cams, 6 speed tansmission, claimed hp of 117.And old road test dynoed it at 90.I have had it in 6th gear.The torque is so good you can be going along at 30 mph and throttle up to 100 mph without shifting. I need to get rid of them both.I have a clear title in my name for the rider, and a title signed but dated 1999 on the parts bike.dmv said somehow that could be registered, but probably a bonded version. 20180711_105038.jpg my email is ronbayless57@gmail.com.I live near dallas 20180711_105045.jpg
     

Share This Page