1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

2010 XJ 1300.....WHAT!? I WANT ONE!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by day7a1, Apr 8, 2010.

1. waldo

waldo Member

How much does one of these bad boys go for over there

2. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    6349gbp or about 10,090USD

then figure in your sales tax, VAT, shipping, importation tax, any fees associated with emissions compliance etc...

3. Daithi

Daithi Member

This is a nice bike, and the most genuinely retro of all the naked Japanese 4 cylinders still available. After all, its got an air cooled engine !!! Its not outstanding in any dept, but a genuinely decent bike capable of fufilling many roles. Great bike for Seca fans with that huge FJ derived motor. It lacks the outright power of a Kawa ZRX1200, or the torque of the Suzi GSX1400 or Honda CBR1300, but its got enough to be enjoyable, and it handles decently. Pity they dont still dont offer the kenny roberts color scheme in black/yellow....best looking version by far. The curved downpipes look kinda weird too, dont ya think ???? Being from Ireland, though living in Boston, I get to ride all the types over there. I currently own a ZRX1200 and an FJ1200, ( Aside from a Seca 750 ) so I can make a good comparison.

4. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

Had to use google to find some pictures.

I like the modern seca look. I was hoping it would be a shafty with 4-2. (I like the symmetry and lack of chain maintenance.)

Other than it's nice looking.

If I had $20k I'd buy a new Vmax for the shafty and 4-2 and the POWER!!! :) (The extra 2k would go toward parts to make it "blacker" or carbon fiber covers and the tiny saddle bags that match).

5. waldo

waldo Member

In that case ill take just 2 please

6. clipperskipper

clipperskipper Member

I should think it would be a pain with EPA, since it won't have that label on
    it. Here's a good read on it:http://www.superbike.co.uk/tests/Yamaha_XJR1300_bike_test_by_Superbike_magazine_news_69233.html