1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

750 Seca (and maybe Maxim) Yoke Cover Caps

Discussion in 'XJ 3D Printing & STL Files' started by Oblivion, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

As mentioned in this thread: https://www.xjbikes.com/forums/thre...l-phone-on-an-xj750.131185/page-2#post-671943

I long ago lost the 'Yamaha' cap over the screws that hold down the middle yoke cover on my Seca. Someone from here was nice enough to laser cut some replacement caps for me, but before I got them, I figured out a RAM-B-238U diamond base has the same screw spacing as the cover and decided to use that as a mount point (pics in that other thread). I didn't have a 3D printer at the time, so hacked a wooden spacer under the RAM base. But I bashed these up last night.
    There are 3 STLs, they all fit the cavity flush.
    • One has holes to pass the screws from the diamond base to the yoke and supports the base.
    • Another has space to allow for the stock screws to remain and just cover the spot if you're missing the cap. Putting a Yam logo or your name on there is left as an exercise for the reader.
    • And the last is just the basic blank shape in case anyone wanted it for some reason.
    Hope these are useful to someone. They're dead simple but if they save you a few minutes of measuring and designing, cool. I printed w/ PLA @ 20% infill which should be sturdy enough. Also, I forgot I designed these scaled up 10x, so you'll have to reduce in your slicer. And finally, I design in an old copy of SketchUp because. I'll throw that file in as well. And if I remember where I put the post-it with the dimensions I used, I'll add those.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

kalinin68 likes this.
  2. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

Length: 68.0 mm
    Width: 21.25 mm
    Height: 5.75 mm
    Hole spacing: 48.30 mm (centered x and y)
    Hole diameter: 6.75mm

On the 'cap' version, I have NOT test-fitted that version over the existing screw heads. I guessed on the diameter and depth of the cut-outs, leaving a fairly generous amount of space.

I thought of transitioning from the filler rectangle to meet the diamond shape of the base, but then got lazy/tired. Would be a good upgrade for a rainy/bored day.

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

For clarification's sake; this is the cover for the steering head nut, and not the fork caps, correct?

4. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

The part replaces #20 on the Steering parts diagram, "CAP, handlebar cover." Screws would be #21 and apparently screw into #10 "Crown."
    upload_2022-8-4_21-15-35.png

If you'd like to edit the title to "Handlebar Cover Cap," I'd be down.