1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

'82 XJ 650 parts CHEAP!

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by moellear, Mar 4, 2011.

1. moellear

moellear Member

nope; already sold the start button handlebar switch and negative on the front brake hose.

PM's have all been sent. thanks guys

2. Robert

Robert Active Member

Pegs in hand Moellear, thanks! Would have held out for the solenoid, ignition switch if I had known...

3. moellear

moellear Member

sorry you missed out Robert! besides the front fender, everything is still up for grabs.. don't know how to much lower the prices can go but I'd like to see these parts gone. make me an offer!

in addition to the parts I have the valve cover with two rubber valve cover gaskets that are acceptable in case yours ever got ruined. I can't use these since I have an '81 non-YICS bike. There are parts from the engine that I'm willing to disassemble if you want anything, just give me a shout! thanks!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

The airbox is the same for all the '80-'83 650 Maxims (including the '81 Midnite Max) AND the '82 650RJ Seca (but not the turbo.) So yes, it will fit.

Let the fiche be with you... http://www.yamahapartshouse.net/pages/O ... brand=YAM#

5. FlyGp

FlyGp Member

I am interested in the motor where in ohio are you
    I can use it to model for my digital manual

You can send me a message with price

FlyGp

6. moellear

moellear Member

update: I've split the motor! it was quite a task and an accomplishment in my opinion but the tranny gears and shifter forks are sold. everything else is in great condition (clutch plates, oil pump, oil sensor, clutch cover, stator cover, valve cover so since I've got it torn apart, it'd be great to see these parts go to good use

also sold are the airbox & front fender. everything else is still available. your chance to get something cheap! ask other members, I've been very lenient

7. FlyGp

FlyGp Member

Sent a PM but it is stuck in my outbox, is this normal?

FlyGp

8. JFStewart

JFStewart Member

Did you fill in the "topic" line at the top? Won't send without it.

9. JFStewart

JFStewart Member

Moellear, sent a PM the other day. Are you accepting Paypal?

10. moellear

moellear Member

sorry guys, I just got home from a campout with the local scout troop. needless to say I'm soaked and muddy lol! couldn't have been any more fun though. yes I got some messages since I was away for the weekend and have sent responses.

I met with MiGhost earlier this morning and he purchased a few more items which are off the list now (battery box, both axles, tank mounts, grab bar, shift lever, starter solenoid. i still have a rear tire well, chain box with chain, brake pedal, shaft drive boot, chrome air box covers, forks, handlebars, front brake rotor, rear brakes/drum, regulator, front brake assembly, ignition, left clutch hand lever, and many other misc parts

i rather accept paypal or the money in hands like meeting with MiGhost. also, yamaman and esmithers; your parts will be in the shipping world tomorrow when business is as usual. thanks everyone!

11. pbthoe

pbthoe Member

moellear, PM sent

12. 82xj750hardtail

82xj750hardtail New Member

I am looking for the front and rear rim spacers if you have those that will be killer

13. MiGhost

MiGhost Well-Known Member

Lower 48 in general. Otherwise Central Mitten.
    Thanks again moellear
    It was a pleasure to meet you.

Plenty of good parts left guys.

Ghost

14. moellear

moellear Member

sorry for a delayed response. no I don't recall ever receiving them so I can't help you out much

UPDATE: I have sold a lot of these parts (more than I thought I would) but there are still several items available. see previous page for prices on the following still available clutch handlebar lever, regulator, centerstand, rear drum brake good pads, front brake rotor, handlebar, forks, chrome air box covers, shaft drive boot, rear brake pedal, rear tire well, differential, valve cover YICS, engine head, oil pump, oil pan, clutch friction plates and hub, clutch engine cover, other motor parts besides tranny gears and shifter forks

i've helped quite a few folks with fair pricing including shipping. not here to make a fortune just get rid of parts so they aren't taking space up in the barn. someday I'm gonna have to move outta the house and dad isn't gonna want these parts leftover

15. moellear

moellear Member

ahem *cough* these parts should go *cough*

seriously, anyone? also, hope you other fellas got your parts by now. haven't heard from anybody in a while.

whelp, guess I'll be out in the barn fixin my richness problems on the '81 and thanks to all who've been helping me and BillB. we seem to have have similar problems

16. moellear

moellear Member

PLENTY of nice parts still around on the shelf! most pictures are on my photobucket album and/or previous pages this thread. since the motor is split in half (tranny gears and shifter forks gone) thought I'd snap a few pics of it as well. shipping on these bigger pieces will cost $ obviously but I'm considering your offer FlyGp. others let me know if I can help you out as well! as always, the parts have gone CHEAP to those already purchased some stuff from me. ($13 for an airbox SHIPPED... fyi already sold)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. moellear

moellear Member

looking for PAPER valve cover gasket on my '81 650. just happen ask if anyone has an extra one by accident when they needed a rubber one for the '82 possibly. just thought I'd ask and no I already know chacal has them in stock (email sent). not looking to save a lot of $$$ just wondering if anyone else had one they didn't need possibly

plus, my parts are still for grabs. nobody has had any interest in a while

18. Robert

Robert Active Member

What shape is the clutch assembly in? Price for assembly (including basket)?
    I've got a cheesy paper valve cover gasket but I think it's for a non-YICS head. Dont' think it would do you any good.

19. moellear

moellear Member

actually that's the kind I'm after since mine is non-YICS. how much for it? or else we could do a trade for any of my parts :) please let me know either way Robert... PM me

sorry though, MiGhost has already planned to purchase the clutch assembly with basket next time he travels in my area. we have tentative plans to meet somewhere nearby.

20. moellear

moellear Member

STILL UP FOR SALE CHEAP :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]