1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

83 xj650 Turbo Fueling issues

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by bash305, Jul 20, 2026.

Tags:
  1. bash305

    bash305 New Member

    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Connecticut
    I have an 83 650 turbo and recently ive had an issue where after driving for a bit, the bike starts to bog down and lose power if the petcock is on, but when I switch it to off, the bike runs perfectly fine at all rpms even on boost. I’m suspecting either float seats and the needle valves, the pressure regulator, or maybe the petcock? the petcock is rebuilt but I think the wave washer is worn as that’s still original. The fuel check valve is also rebuilt, the carb is rebuilt with all the gaskets and o rings but the needles are still original. I did set the float height with the fuel pump on as well like 5 months ago. the bike is mostly all original as well, and i don’t have a fuel leaking into oil problem. any ideas on how to check what’s wrong before i buy parts?
     
  2. cds1984

    cds1984 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,284
    Likes Received:
    310
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    Perth, Western Australia
    Just wondering if the rubber bit with the holes in it for reserve, on, prime etc might be orientated incorrectly in the petcock?
    If it can be of course.
    and since you did a rebuild on it.
     

Share This Page