1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Anyone in Victoria BC?

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by LtJackboot, Aug 18, 2009.

1. SCD1

SCD1 New Member

I am in Campbell River. I am just about to get a second 1981 xj550 Seca. I hope to make at least one great classic from two dead ones this year. Anyone up island that has some knowledge?

2. Quixote

Quixote Active Member

I'm in Victoria. Just signed up to the group; it's good to see that there are active XJ owners around here.
    I've got an 82 650 Seca that I stuffed a 750 Maxim X engine into - it has been an ongoing project for about 20 years and still isn't finished...

3. whitey

whitey New Member

Hi Guys
    Just wondering if anyone is going to organize a xj ride this year?

4. Rickinduncan

Rickinduncan Member

Yep, ride is being organized for today. I'll head down from Duncan, you ride up from Victoria. Meet you at the top of the 'Hat. You may want to update your profile to show you live in Victoria.
    Cheers,
    Rick

5. whiterabbitwonder

whiterabbitwonder Member

Howdy y'all

Recently moved to Vic from Van. Had a nice run up to Tofino last weekend. Found out the electrical does not like heavy rain (nor do I).

Up for meeting for a ride anytime. Sooke, Malahat, any of the pretty, curvy routes?

Cheers,

~david

Attached Files:

6. whiterabbitwonder

whiterabbitwonder Member

Ok, I think I just had one of my best rides ever. Any idiot can go fast. But 50km/h slaloming on a lonely windy country road complete with blind corners, pot holes and gravel is so much fun. Best of all the speed limit is 30km/h, and you'd be foolish to go much over 50. Lots of hairpins, wet asphalt. It is my dirty little secret I reward myself with after a long day in front of the screen. Prospect Lake Rd from W. Saanich to Burnside and back. Actually any of the roads up the peninsula are great. But this one is a gem. And more horses than cars on the road. So do go slow and enjoy curvy.

DoctorEyebrows likes this.
  7. BadRandy

BadRandy New Member

The Prospect Lake ride also goes through to the Highlands and comes out by Western Speedway. At the Y in the road where you go left towards Burnside, go right instead.

Great way to get from the Western Communities to the Peninsula. It's not necessarily faster unless there's alot of traffic on the Trans Canada, but it's much more entertaining.

8. rainshadow1

rainshadow1 New Member

Any of you guys come across the Strait to the Peninsula, let me know! I'm in Sequim. New rider, currently reviving a sweet, super clean, one female owner, 82 XJ650 Maxim. Love the bike. I'm training myself to rebuild/restore motorcycles, switching over from cars. Would love to see some other XJ's! Give a shout if you ever take the Coho across or something, would love to show you around!

9. Tina A

Tina A New Member

We had a Seca 750 stolen last November- if anyone comes across this beauty - has a dent right side of the tank - if you see it please let us know

Attached Files:

10. DoctorEyebrows

DoctorEyebrows New Member

Victoria born and raised! Riding a 750 maxim

Attached Files: