1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Aussie XJers

Discussion in 'Other' started by brenton, May 9, 2006.

1. oby_2

oby_2 Member

XJ900FJR

Let me know how you go with your project. I'm awaiting some parts for my engine rebuild from Chacal and a crew in the Netherlands, but hopefully once they arrive I can get back to rebuilding instead of debuilding.

As my bike was part modified by the PO, I intend on taking it further. Plan at the moment is a cruiser/street fighter style. Modern cruiser at the rear but more aggressive front end styling with drag bars and street fighter lights.

I have to lower her a bit as I'm a short arse, but otherwise I have parts for 90% of the rebuild, so I'm just waiting to get the engine parts.

oby

2. Alive

Alive Active Member

Plenty of 900's in the southern hemisphere :)

I've got a fairly decent collection of spares across the ditch... Let me know if you have trouble finding anything... I have lots of small bits and pieces from random footpegs to headlights... Sorry Oby, no engine parts :)

3. XJ900FJR

XJ900FJR New Member

I am looking for a good pair of air scoops of the RK model for a mate who bought the XJ900RK of me , he lost the right one on a ride last week and ask me to hunt around for some.

4. Alive

Alive Active Member

Sorry that's one thing I don't have.... Plus the last time I saw a set on ebay (only seen 1 set in 18 months) they sold for $100 USD

5. wizard

wizard Active Member

Hi Jason,
    I'm in Mt Eliza, touch base some when.
    Roy.

6. wizard

wizard Active Member

Like the guys said up the east coast, but I would start in Adelaide so you take in the great ocean road, then up the coast until you see salty crocs, then go home.
    How much time you got, it's a kin long way.

7. wizard

wizard Active Member

1980 xj650. on the Mornington Peninsula. VIC.
    Good luck you all.

8. samlives

samlives New Member

Hello from Byron Bay

9. samlives

samlives New Member

Hiya Pygmie....

I'm going to disagree with most people here I think. If I were you I wouldn't concentrate on the East Coast too much. So saying that W.A is along way and I haven't been there. I have however been many other places. Now my ideas depend on whenm and how long your staying but I think it's worth considering the general concept,

If I were you I'd fly into Brisbane... rideup to Far North QLD....(As far as you can go...it's stunningly beautiful there...but I'd do it in winter 'cause riding in the rain sucks and so does swimming with box jellyfish).

Yes.yes...I hear you say.. That's the East Coast!!!!! 8O

It's an amazing ride across to Alice Springs from North Qld and not too dangerous with a little planning (Calculate fuel usage and carry extra as well as plenty of H2O) Then from Alice, head south to Adelaide, across to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Rd and get a ferry across to Tassie (Which is a phenomenally beautiful place which many people overlook).

Well, after writing all this I didn't actually look at the date of your posting, however this may be useful to someone else so I'll still hit the Submit button.....now :roll:

10. adrian1

adrian1 Active Member

'87 XJ 900 here - Canberra

11. Champ

Champ Member

I Know I'm a bit late to this board.

But a big hello from Ipswich QLD :wink:

Just got my '80 XJ 650L in November & it's got a 750RH motor dropped into it.

And this forums' been a HUGE :D help in getting the beastie back on the road. There's so much information here I barely need to ever ask any questions so far.

12. FLASH4

FLASH4 Member

Sydney XJ'r here,

Got two 900's

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

13. rockerto

rockerto Member

Hi all, i just joined here, @ Toowoomba, Qld Ex police 1983 xj750, trying to get it on the road, mate sold it to me for $250 and i got a lot to do.

14. mrblackstock

mrblackstock Member

G'day

1982 XJ650, Geelong Victoria. stones throw to great ocean road. had the XJ for around 8 months, best bike i ever owned! stock pipes, all origional, since pictures have fitted a bikini fairing, an aftermarket RD350 design, right out of "Stone"

Honda 50 cub-great bike
    Honda CB200-gutless wonder
    Honda CB360-torqueeee
    Suzuki T350-scary
    Jawa 175 trail-was drunk
    Suzuki GT380-life changing
    Yamaha XS450?-gutsy
    Yamaha XJ650-my mistress

[​IMG]

15. albear

albear Member

<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=-83.979259+
    G'day all ALBEAR from LAKE MACQUARIE [aka NEWCASTLE)!
    only have just found this thread,oby2 put onto this site.
    my bike is a 1986 XJ900N, which i think & others bike riders think the same the bike is in very very very good condition !!!!.
    I would post a pic but lost my external drive yesterday,where the photos are located!!!!! :cry: but i have already put some in general lounge.
    http://www.xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=14442.html.
    Things to do fluids
    headstock bearing,
    wheel bearings,
    rebuild speedo,
    brake pads all round (best place to them hrer in aus ? or do we ask charcol?
    Question1; As my speedo does not work properly at revs is 60kmh? @ what revs is 80kmh '100kmh @ so on?
    Question 2; At what reves does your tourqe band cut in ????
    ony had my bike 4 about 3.5 weeks @ only had it up to 6.400 rpm's?
    the bikee has a 4 into 1 system on it everything else is stock

send a PM if ever in NEWY @ WAN'T TO GO FOR A RIDE !!!!
    cheers

ALBEAR 8) 8) 8)

16. coolalleycat

coolalleycat New Member

And another...but I don't live in Melbourne anymore...I'm overseas and live on the island of Cyprus

17. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

Hello from Somers Vic this is a very helpful place for a how to on yr XJ ive learnt a lot. Mine is an XJ750 RH 1981 4 into 1 Supertrap 42000k` 2nd owner since `83 Got the urge to get it back on th road after 16 years off, carbs cleaned new bits in `em, bench synch, valve shims in the process (need 6, local yam shop wants $22.50 ea for em @#$% wil try wreckers) fork seals n caps,front brake clean out new seals all over, pads, cleaned all elec switches + other maintenance stuff.Made my own shim tool, on th way to manometer and yics tool. Balance carbs to go n set idle, maybe 2 weeks to rwc n rego.

18. ItDepends

ItDepends New Member

mmmm hmmm

Hello all- I'm from W.A. (yes I'm a sandgroper). Have an 89 XJ900F that I picked up from a work mate for $500 to learn prior to going for my open class licence (still 5 months away). Very helpful site here- has helped me with my carby balancing in particular.

Parts I reckon I'll have to buy in over ebay as my bike was brought in privately from Holland- so it's a rare bird over here (not that I've got toooo much respect for that- it's already had the fairing resprayed after I rubbed back, patched and sealed the fuel tank) :)

Cheers,

Daniel

19. freeplay

freeplay New Member

Howdy,
    XJ550H Maxim ( Grey Import from USA )
    Sydney - Hawkesbury Way

20. mrblackstock

mrblackstock Member

g'day

In a few weeks, maybe 3 at the latest, i will be hitting the road for adelaide. leaving from geelong, vic. I will be going around the coast all the way, and coming back i will be going the inland route for awhile.

at the moment am just sorting some saddlebags and then will be ready to go. i imagine staying overnight mt gambier in a caravan park on the way there, then staying overnight in adelaide, then on the way back staying in either horsham or hamilton overnight.

I ride within the limits, and a little over when the conditions suit, and i stop for a break every hour or so. I will be in no hurry. if there are others out there either close by or feel like a wander along the ocean road, let us know.

look forward to seeing who is out there!
    mr blackstock