1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

bensalf's 4 year caferacer build

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by bensalf, Dec 26, 2015.

1. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

True, true.

2. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, great detail work and a beautiful bike. Hope it runs as great as it looks.

3. Reece

Reece New Member

Just have to say thats a awesome looking job you have done and good read.
    You have given me some ideas on my build so might be pinching some of yours hope you don't mind.
    Do you have anymore pictures of the hinge setup on seat as i think thats a great idea.

4. bensalf

bensalf Well-Known Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have anymore pictures of the hinge setup on seat as i think thats a great idea.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yes, very early on in the build ,I cut the back olf the rear subframe off , and welded a "u" shaped flat bar in its place., in order to bolt the hinge to

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is the underside of the seat, I fiber-glassed an alloy plate , across the end of the seat, to bolt the moving part of the hinge to.
    I just used a heavy duty hinge I had for the job
    [​IMG]
    you cant see the hinge here, but its bolted to the seat plate and the frame, at the back of the alloy tray
    [​IMG]
    here's the finished set up, with the battery in place, which slips into the seat hump when closed
    [​IMG]
    if you look at the top of the last pic, I fixed a door catch to the underside of the seat ,which latches into the original front seat locator bracket
    stu