1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

cafe bars and rear set pegs

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by tubabone, Apr 10, 2008.

  1. tubabone

    tubabone Member

    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    reading, pa
    I have a 1981 seca 550. It is pretty stock and I do not want to change it too radically since it is such a pretty bike as is. But i would like lower bars and rear set pegs and controls if available, just to give a little bit more of a sporting seating position. It is too upright and kitchen chair like right now. If I wanted that style of ride I would get a Maxim (I may get one of them anyway).

    Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

    I am amazed at what some of you guys do to your bikes, but that is not for me. If I have to ride it I want someone working on it who knows what they are doing! With my luck the wheel would fall off it or something. I love looking at your bike porn though! :D

    ken k
     
  2. 07spacker

    07spacker Member

    Messages:
    265
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Utah
    flea-bay for the bars.... there are two types mainly used for cafe racers... drag bars and clubmans... decide what you want and order some for cheap. as for rear-sets i don't think anyone makes a specific set yet... you'll probably have to come up with some kind of fab-job or swap over from a FZR or something of the like... best of luck to ya!
     
  3. Ease

    Ease Member

    Messages:
    752
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    NL, Canada
    Not sure about the 550, but as a cheap mod for the 650 seca clubmans were great.
    I ran with the stock pegs while I had em and I found it comfortable.

    I have seen places online that sell rear sets for all kinds of bikes, XJ's included, but they're more listed as "universal" rear sets, so there would be some modification / fab work involved... so if you don't feel up to it, just slap on the clubmans, and if you get uncomfortable move back or forward on your seat, or throw your feet up on the passenger pegs for a little bit (not that i've had to do that myself).

    Long and short... Order up your $30 clubmans, try em out for a while. if you don't like em flip em upside down to give them some more rise - or get some rearsets made up.
     

Share This Page